Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Foote Back on Three Year Deal

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    sylvester was groomed for years to start inside.

didnt work out, what can you do
    Good on special teams, but I remember Butler saying Sylvester didn't play low enough when they drafted him. I guess they couldn't correct that .ILB will definitely be addressed in the draft....I hope.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Good on special teams, but I remember Butler saying Sylvester didn't play low enough when they drafted him. I guess they couldn't correct that .ILB will definitely be addressed in the draft....I hope.

well he gushed about getting 3 LBs in that draft.

maybe they should stop listening to him so much

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, there goes $2.5 million that we won't be able to put toward signing Lewis...you can kiss Keenan goodbye...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    The Steelers probably had to give Foote some sort of bonus to keep him from going to AZ, and the length of the deal could have been for purposes of spreading the cap hit.
    Yea, but, if and when they cut him before 3 years, the remaining amount spread over the 3 years hits the cap all at once. This seems very odd to me. I guess the Steelers are like our govt.: Kick the can down the road. That is BS

Legend

User Info Menu

What Foote's signing says to Chadman is that they are not ready to give up on Sean Spence. Spence is unlikely to have much impact in 2013, so 2014 looks as if it might be his 'rookie' year. 2015, the last year of Foote's contract, is when most would expect him to be cut. So essentially, the Steelers are giving Spence a redshirt year, then a year of back-up play, to then look at inserting him as a starter in 2015. If they had drafted an ILB, or signed a young ILB, it would have indicated giving up on Spence. Rolle might be the insurance plan.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    What Foote's signing says to Chadman is that they are not ready to give up on Sean Spence. Spence is unlikely to have much impact in 2013, so 2014 looks as if it might be his 'rookie' year. 2015, the last year of Foote's contract, is when most would expect him to be cut. So essentially, the Steelers are giving Spence a redshirt year, then a year of back-up play, to then look at inserting him as a starter in 2015. If they had drafted an ILB, or signed a young ILB, it would have indicated giving up on Spence. Rolle might be the insurance plan.
    And let me guess... when Spence finally plays, he'll be a UFA at the end of the year and we'll lose him to another team? No worries though, we'll bring back Foote when he's on his way to 40 years old.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Or be a realistic fan and realize our competitors are getting better and we are getting worse.
    Look it is well documented that I am not the biggest Larry Foote fan but you are totally losing sight of reality.

Our biggest competitor, the Ravens, today are now without, Ray Lewis, Dannell Ellerbe, Anquan Boldin, and Paul Kruger. Get a grip.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Look it is well documented that I am not the biggest Larry Foote fan but you are totally losing sight of reality.

Our biggest competitor, the Ravens, today are now without, Ray Lewis, Dannell Ellerbe, Anquan Boldin, and Paul Kruger. Get a grip.
    Lewis was a shell of him former self. They will lack his leadership though (he's still a murderer though). But hell, I bet Foote will be able to play as good as Lewis when he's 37 years old (i.e. based on his contract).

The Ravens have Upshaw as well who is going to be a beast.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I agree he's a stop-gap, but, the draft will tell us whether or not it's Spence they're holding out for...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I agree he's a stop-gap, but, the draft will tell us whether or not it's Spence they're holding out for...
    True, but I still don't understand why you pay him 2.5 million in year one of a 3-year deal (which is to long IMO).