Thread: Steelers Trying To Sign Larry Foote

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers Trying To Sign Larry Foote

Gerry: Steelers trying to sign Foote Tuesday, 12 March 2013 13:34 Written by Gerry Dulac The Steelers are negotiating with inside linebacker Larry Foote and hoping to sign him before the start of the free-agency signing period that begins at 4:01 p.m. today – and keep him from leaving for the Arizona Cardinals.

The Steelers would like to re-sign Foote, an unrestricted free agent, because they are thin at inside linebacker. Also, the team is not sure if Sean Spence, last year’s third-round pick, will be able to play this season after sustaining a severe knee injury in the 2012 preseason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Let him go to Arizona. Holy crap.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Let him go to Arizona. Holy crap.
    That's like giving him a death wish, LBers and running backs go there to die see Emmit Smith, Wells,...Joey Porter, Clark Haggins and the rest.
    I think Foote will remain here, at least there is some life in the Steel City.

Backup

User Info Menu

An source that we don't like to mention said they have already areed with Foote . And said they are close with Buress but not done yet. Not surprised Florio was a little pre mature.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope they didn't over pay for a 32 year old player

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I hope they didn't over pay for a 32 year old player
    Yup they did... reports are that the first year salary is 2.5 million.

Not a Foote hater but just can't belief we can't get someone younger & cheaper that can match his production.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.