Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Resign Plaxico

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    i'm assuming that he is getting backup money for backup work. More than anything, this shows that he had probably shown some maturity last season while he was here and can act as a vet amongst the young receivers we have now.
    this^^^^^^^^

Legend

User Info Menu

Why the Steelers want to re-sign Plaxico Burress

by Gerry Dulac

The Steelers are close to an agreement to re-sign wide receiver Plaxico Burress, a move designed to bolster the receiving unit with the departure of Mike Wallace.

Burress, a former No. 1 draft choice in 2000, signed a one-year contract for the veteran minimum in late November and played in four of the final six games.

But, with the expected loss of Wallace, the Steelers have only two wide receivers under contract on their roster – Antonio Brown and Jerricho Cotchery.

Emmanuel Sanders is a restricted free agent and was tendered a $1.323 million offer to remain with the team. He can receive an offer sheet from another team, but the Steelers have the right to match that offer.

[URL]http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/2825a753-dee5-4e20-b728-934f36f514c0/?source=twitter[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Very happy with this. Offers something the other WR's can't- a genuine TD threat. Doesn't have to play every snap, but in obvious passing downs, he's going to draw attention away from the smaller WR's.

Wonder if this takes away the 'need' to draft a WR in Round 1/2?

in a pretty deep WR draft class, it'd be nice to not have to reach out for 1 in the early rounds if they don't need to.

Personally, Chadman would like Kansas St's Chris Harper added to learn from Plax & become the bigger, physical WR the Steelers lack.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    People rag the guy but when they allowed him on the field I saw a guy catching big first downs in traffic, leaping over defenders to make catches, drawing flags, and he got a TD in the two games he was active.
    He also ran a lazy route on an out leading to a pick.

He certainly has some value. He is a big target and he does some things well, as you mentioned. Generally, for the minimum, I like the signing. He probably has more value than most journeymen type WRs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Plaxico Burress: Pittsburgh was the only place I wanted to be

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 14, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
    AP[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/19/plaxico-burress"]
    Plaxico Burress[/URL] is back with the Steelers, and he says he wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Burress told the team’s website that he told Steelers coach Mike Tomlin and General Manager Kevin Colbert at the end of last season that if the Steelers would have him back, he wouldn’t even look around to see what else was out there.

“[URL="http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Burress-I-love-it-in-Pittsburgh/03445ffe-503d-4902-9040-42973394d8b4?campaign=pit:fanshare:twitter"]I told them Pittsburgh was the only place I wanted to be[/URL],” Burress said. “When I came in last year I thought I was in good shape for the time frame I was there. All I wanted this year was an opportunity to get into minicamp and training camp and start to get myself back into real football shape along with everyone else.”

Although Burress only played in four games and caught three passes last season, he said he believes the Steelers intend to give him a chance to fill the starting spot that [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace"]Mike Wallace[/URL] vacated.

“For me to get off the board the first day of free agency I think it says a lot about the Steelers and what kind of role they have in mind for me,” Burress said. “I am going to approach it like I am going to be a starter

Burress began his career with five seasons in Pittsburgh before leaving for the Giants, where he spent four years. He then spent two years in prison for illegally possessing a gun and returned in 2011 to the Jets. But he says Pittsburgh is where he wants to be.

“It’s a special place,” Burress said. “From the owners on down they create an atmosphere that can’t be duplicated. It’s within the building. It’s been that way as long as I can remember. It’s everyone in the building. It’s the foundation. It’s special. You don’t get to be around an organization or teammates like the Steelers other places around the NFL. That is one of the first things I noticed when I left and went to New York. Sometimes you want to embark on bigger and better things and go to the big city. I did that. There are pros and cons of every situation. I am back because I love it in Pittsburgh. When you leave you realize how special a place it really is.”

The 35-year-old Burress likely doesn’t have much time left in the NFL, but he appears content to end his career where it began.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Backup

User Info Menu

Doesn't matter. We'll be playing Paulson and the Johnson's more.

Legend

User Info Menu

At least he's a decent REDZONE threat....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Backup

User Info Menu

Not in street clothes he isn't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why not, give him a shot I say!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we could get around 6-8 TD's from him and some third down conversions during drives he may turn out to be a better value than expected.
    I know the fans here will embrace him especially if he does well.

It would be nice to see him lined up with Heath and Eifert in the redzone