Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Connor Visisting Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

I haven't followed Connor much, but looking at his stats, I'm not sure that he is actually an upgrade over Foote:

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ConnDa99.htm[/URL]

In any event, I'd rather see the Steelers keep Timmons inside. He was awful as an OLB. If I recall, he got no pressure despite being asked to rush quite a bit due to his unfamiliarity with the other responsibilities.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Speaking of comp picks, the Steelers may receive one for Willie Gay last year...

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be difficult to not be happy with Conner being signed..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    as soon as i saw this cut, i thought, "he'll be a Steeler this fall" cuz he does fit the mold. Honestly, I hope it means bye bye Foote...

REALLY like it if he signs...

Preach it brother SoD. Connor>Foote
    Last edited by Shawn; 03-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I haven't followed Connor much, but looking at his stats, I'm not sure that he is actually an upgrade over Foote:

In any event, I'd rather see the Steelers keep Timmons inside. He was awful as an OLB. If I recall, he got no pressure despite being asked to rush quite a bit due to his unfamiliarity with the other responsibilities.
    He would be a 5 year younger - cheaper "lateral" signing at worst imo. He is more athletic and better in coverage than Foote is right now. Bigger thing would be he could play ST. I was hearing Foote still wanted to be paid like a starter for 2 more years and the Steelers have him tagged as insurance & want to pay him accordingly. Foote will make some rounds to help his market and the Steelers will protect themselves.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Connor would be a good, smart signing.

A guy that is talented but on 2 crappy teams. He fits our system, he is only 27 and we could probably get him for very cheap.... cheaper than Foote and probably no loss in productivity. He fills a void and gives Spence some more time.

With that being said, I still wouldn't be surprised if a ILB is picked in the first three rounds of the draft.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Speaking of comp picks, the Steelers may receive one for Willie Gay last year...
    You are correct. Projected as a 7th round comp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Connor would be a good, smart signing.

A guy that is talented but on 2 crappy teams. He fits our system, he is only 27 and we could probably get him for very cheap.... cheaper than Foote and probably no loss in productivity. He fills a void and gives Spence some more time.

With that being said, I still wouldn't be surprised if a ILB is picked in the first three rounds of the draft.
    Timmons, Conner, Rolle, Spence.... no real need for a rookie.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

He has started games, but never gone a full 16. That is why his stats are what they are. He's a younger Larry Foote. He'll be 28 this year. That is a good thing.

They will keep Timmons inside. They will not move him outside. Butler said it was a huge mistake and set him back in 2011.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Timmons, Conner, Rolle, Spence.... no real need for a rookie.
    Spence is likely to not recover from his injury. He has nerve damage and has what's called "drop-foot". Can't count on him for this year at least.
    Here comes the BOOM!