Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Connor Visisting Steelers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dan Connor Visisting Steelers

[URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/dan-connor-visiting-the-steelers/"]Dan Connor visiting the Steelers[/URL]

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT

APOn Monday, the Cowboys dumped veteran linebacker [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4693/dan-connor"]Dan Connor[/URL].
    On Tuesday, Connor has plans to head back to his home state. (OK, Commonwealth.)
    Connor will visit the Steelers, according to Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com.
    The 3-4 inside linebacker fits the Steelers’ typical free-agency profile. That is, guys who can be gotten cheaply.
    And Connor could end up being a contributor, especially if [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4195/lawrence-timmons"]Lawrence Timmons[/URL] slides outside to fill the void created by the departure of [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/665/james-harrison"]James Harrison[/URL].
    Actually, that could be the best plan for Pittsburgh. With Timmons already under contract for the long haul and with pass rushers more pricey than inside linebackers, the Steelers would be wise to at least consider using Timmons on the outside and acquiring more help for the inside.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fits the mold. He was cut and won't impact comp picks. Will come cheap. Could be a signing talked about for years to come. One mans trash...

Backup

User Info Menu

Goodell bent over the Cowboys so they are in cap hell.

Legend

User Info Menu

as soon as i saw this cut, i thought, "he'll be a Steeler this fall" cuz he does fit the mold. Honestly, I hope it means bye bye Foote...

REALLY like it if he signs...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Backup

User Info Menu

Foote supposedly is going to Arizona.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What Siggy said. Foote may not leave Arizona without a contract.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I was under the impression that comp picks may be impacted by any free agent signing...Dallas wouldn't be entitled to any comp picks in return because he was cut...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    What Siggy said. Foote may not leave Arizona without a contract.
    sweet... i'm really good with that, too!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Rookie

User Info Menu

Connor started 8 games last year and 11 the year before...

I'd take him...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I was under the impression that comp picks may be impacted by any free agent signing...Dallas wouldn't be entitled to any comp picks in return because he was cut...
    I'm talking our comp picks. If we sign a FA that was "Cut" it doesn't impact our comp picks. If we sign an URFA, it is used in the formula against our losses. Signing a Breaston, Connor, Wells, etc. doesn't impact what we may receive if we lose Wallace, Mendy, Lewis, etc.