Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dan Connor Visisting Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    You are correct. Projected as a 7th round comp.
    wonder if the fact that he's back would impact that at all...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Timmons, Conner, Rolle, Spence.... no real need for a rookie.
    So we're ok with being substandard? I get it.

Spence may never recover and Rolle. Rolle might not even make the team let alone be starter material. Let's not have scrubs for linebackers please.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

yeah, outside of timmons those ILBs don't inspire a lot of confidence

Backup

User Info Menu

Foote played well and often last year. He's better than Connor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    Foote played often last year. He's worse than Connor.
    there... i fixed it for ya...

J/K... I think it's pretty close between the two, actually... however, I suspect, Connor will come at a cheaper price tag AND because he's a few years younger - he could be a stop-gap this year, but, a long-term backup for both ILBs... it's like when Harrison backed up Porter and Haggans - you felt really good that he'd come in and be just fine.

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    wonder if the fact that he's back would impact that at all...
    As far as I know it wouldn't. The formula is based upon signing year contract & awards.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Spence is likely to not recover from his injury. He has nerve damage and has what's called "drop-foot". Can't count on him for this year at least.
    What was said is he suffered damage to the peroneal nerve. The reports detailed that type of injury can contribute to drop foot depending on the severity of it. Colbert didn't express what Spence's situation was. That being said, I think the Steelers plans will be to conduct business without counting on Spence for 2013. The draft could very possibly answer the severity question.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    What was said is he suffered damage to the peroneal nerve. The reports detailed that type of injury can contribute to drop foot depending on the severity of it. Colbert didn't express what Spence's situation was. That being said, I think the Steelers plans will be to conduct business without counting on Spence for 2013. The draft could very possibly answer the severity question.
    the writer here does a good job of explaining the foot drop and gives a few examples of people we may remember (Robert Edwards, for example)
    [URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02/steelers-sean-spence-peroneal-nerve-damage-knee/[/URL]

Indeed... there was already questions about his size, although he seemed to be a beast in a small package. Let's hope he can return, but, I'd play it as if the team needs a long term LB - it's not as if they KNEW he'd be a stud... they had fingers crossed.

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    the writer here does a good job of explaining the foot drop and gives a few examples of people we may remember (Robert Edwards, for example)
    [URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/02/steelers-sean-spence-peroneal-nerve-damage-knee/[/URL]

Indeed... there was already questions about his size, although he seemed to be a beast in a small package. Let's hope he can return, but, I'd play it as if the team needs a long term LB - it's not as if they KNEW he'd be a stud... they had fingers crossed.
    Colbert didn't go on to say Spence is suffering from foot drop. He said Spence suffered damage to the peroneal nerve. I hope it isn't the case.

I don't know if they would view Connor as a long term solution until they see him in the system. I also don't think it would be necessary to use a pick inside the first three rounds if they did bring Connor in unless a "free fall" happens to someone. The Steelers have been pretty successful in the middle with a Batman & Robin combo. We have Batman. Robin shouldn't be that hard to find. We just need to make sure we have Thor & Hulk Outside. Last year we had the Blob & Profesor X.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Foot Drop / Peroneal Nerve Damage Video

Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.