Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fat Boy restructure today...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think it saves us 4+ million this year. With Colon likely being a post-June 1st cut (5.5 mil) and Harrison being cut doesn't that mean we are now 10+ million UNDER the cap?
    I think Colon's dead money is 3.6 million only saving 1.9 million against the cap (5.5 - 3.6).

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

go knock on troy's door now and request the same that you did from harrison.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman doubts the Steelers would cut Colon post-June, because they'll need Cap relief before then. And it's not the Steelers style- to leave a player hanging like that. Chadman believes he'll be cut, they'll save $1.9m. Then look for a Heath Miller extension...
    They better wait to see how the knee responds

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Chadman doubts the Steelers would cut Colon post-June, because they'll need Cap relief before then. And it's not the Steelers style- to leave a player hanging like that. Chadman believes he'll be cut, they'll save $1.9m. Then look for a Heath Miller extension...
    Well, considering he is a walking injury and essentially collected checks for sitting in the tub the past 3 years, i don't think they owe him any special treatment by 'leaving him hanging' if it saves them a crapheap more money.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Well, considering he is a walking injury and essentially collected checks for sitting in the tub the past 3 years, i don't think they owe him any special treatment by 'leaving him hanging' if it saves them a crapheap more money.
    Regardless of how you feel, it's not the Steelers style.

Name the last high priced player they released after June 1.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    The Steelers might not have the luxury of Cap Space to wait & see.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

He's signed thru 2014. Why would you rush to extend him before seeing how his knee is?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Agreed ... That's just dumb on the Steelers part. Maybe Colon should stay and take 4+ million dollar paycut? He hasn't earned a damn thing the past couple of years and basically robbed the Steelers with his overinflated salary.

It's a business just like the players always say it is. You think Lewis, Wallace, etc are doing the Steelers any "favors"? Please...

You trade instead of releasing a player .... see the Pats.... see the Ravens.

They get something in return. They operate like a business just like the NFL is and they're still well run organizations just like the Steelers.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think you are right. Unless Colon takes a significant pay cut he will be cut and the Steelers are famous for doing "what is best" for departing players. Miller restructure/extension is worth the risk. Adding a year & restructure could free up in the neighborhood of 3 mil if they convert 4 mil + to bonus. 1 year would put him at 33 so perhaps they may add 2.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Miller will count 7.9 mil on PUP or IR. He showed he was in his prime. I understand the concern of the knee but he is signed through 2014. They won't cut him before then so relief for the organization is the goal. It is Miller so the risk on the "person" is minimal.