Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which FA would you sign?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Which FA would you sign?

If, and that is a big "if", instead of spending a big sum of money on Lewis, who would you invest in? Is there another CB, S or other area of need position, you would choose over Lewis?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    If, and that is a big "if", instead of spending a big sum of money on Lewis, who would you invest in? Is there another CB, S or other area of need position, you would choose over Lewis?
    Grabbing Steven Jackson would be pretty damn nice. He prolific in the pass game and a really tough inside runner. However I don't believe we have the room right this minute to sign him so they'd have to restructure Woodley and maybe Troy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We only sign one or two bargain guys. If Tracy Porter comes cheap (coming off injury), I'd take a chance. That dude can create some turnovers.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman would probably look at FA slightly differently, and look for young players that are looking for opportunities to play. Eben Britton, Justin Forsett, Kevin Smith.... players that were highly regarded, but for whatever reason, have not succeeded. And to counter that, older players to fill some of the holes that have emerged as a result of losing starters- Chris Cooley, Plaxico Burress or even Randy Moss if they are financially viable.

Obviously the Steelers wouldn't sign all these players, but 2-3 on vet minimum contracts, to fill the roster spots that have appeared due to FA losses would be a great help.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, if Lewis leaves, I think the Steelers turn things over to Cortez Allen, with Gay as the nickel. I would prefer to see Lewis return, with Allen the nickel and Gay as the time, especially with the injuries the Steelers dealt with last year. I think Ike-Allen-Gay is a step back for the secondary - not because of Allen, but because of Gay.

I haven't looked at the FAs out there very closely. A veteran backup OT would make me feel a lot better about the Steelers line situation. A stopgap TE would be nice.

I could see a complimentary RB, but expect to see the Steelers find that in the draft. I like Jackson, but think the money he gets will exceed what the Steelers can/should pay.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Typically the Steelers rarely sign FA's unless they can really help the team, we don't have the cash for guys like Jackson and I would prefer we concentrate on our own players first.
    If a FA is out there who can really help our team and we can sign him for a reasonable amount I have no issue with that, but please we don't need FA stumblebums on the cheap.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some guys I would have interest in...
    RB Mike Goodson
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw
    RB Steven Jackson
    RB Steve Slaton
    TE Anthony Fasano
    TE Kevin Boss

TE Dustin Keller

QB Brady Quinn
    QB Drew Stanton
    WR Ramses Barden
    WR Jordan Shipley
    WR Louis Murphy
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Some guys I would have interest in...
    RB Mike Goodson
    RB Ahmad Bradshaw
    RB Steven Jackson
    RB Steve Slaton
    TE Anthony Fasano
    TE Kevin Boss

TE Dustin Keller

QB Brady Quinn
    QB Drew Stanton
    WR Ramses Barden
    WR Jordan Shipley
    WR Louis Murphy
    For some reason, in your list, Dustin Keller stands out...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    For some reason, in your list, Dustin Keller stands out...
    Hahaha...I didn't even mean to do that but he would surely come at a time of need and fill a big hole.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ed Dickson te and London Fletcher or Takeo Spikes.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]