Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Beanie Wells a possibility?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lattimore had 500 less yards. Richardson went 267/950 3.6 avg 11 tds last year in the NFL. Michael Dyer AUB was a freshman that year & he went 182/1093 6 avg 5 tds. Wells didn't start, Pittman was there. The following year Wells went 274/1609 5.9 avg 15 tds. I don't know what kind fo freak you have to be but Yeldon is a true freshman & he went 175/1108 6.3 avg 12 tds while Lacy put up 1,000 yards in the SEC. Todd Gurley was second in the SEC last year 222/1385 6.2 avg 17 tds & he is a freshman.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm not getting into an SEC vs. Big Ten argument. That's pointless.

If we sign Wells cheap (little to no bonus money), then that's just one more guy equivalent to Redman and Dwyer fighting for carries in a under-achieving running back-by-committee scheme. Wells might have more upside, but because he is unknown he probably has more downside too.

What we do in the draft (and the debate to draft Lattimore) is more about what our backfield will look like in 2014. If Lattimore's knee looks pretty clean after his surgery I'm okay with using a 4th round pick on him. But in my world that's a draft pick hoping to put all the Dwyers, Redmans and Wells in our rear-view mirror once and for all.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    he looked much slower this past season than he did in other years... that's why the giants let him go. wouldn't touch him..

Damned NFL package - i watch sooo many games... I had a Falcons fan come over and watch games with me one day... I knew Michael Turner was gone, too...
    He had over 1k yards rushing in 14 games for a 4.6 ypc average, and also had 23 catches for near 250 yards. Far superior to anyone we had but of course it would come down to price tag.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

lol...Wells isn't Dwyer or Redman. I don't see too many Buckeye fans saying anything of the like. Wells was considered the most powerful back in college football. And while he has struggled with playing injured you can't deny his youth and talent. Read the draft profile on Beanie I posted, then read Redmans or Dwyers.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You are funny and you are showing your lack of insight. The Big Ten is the inferior conference. But, it's not a spread option, pass first conference. It's a run first conference, with teams built to stop the run. If you can run in the Big Ten, you are doing something. The Big Ten is not deficient when it comes to developing NFL talent.

In the last 10 drafts the Big Ten has had 339 players drafted, the SEC 401. Within those numbers the SEC has produced 80 (19.9%) ALL-Pro/Pro bowl appearances, the Big Ten 62 (18.2%).

So, saying the comparison the Big Ten talent to the SEC talent is "embarassing" shows your bias or your ignorance take your choice.
    Comparing the 2 conferences is embarrassing. SEC is like watching pro football. The Big Ten is like watching pee wee football. I am not really a fan of many SEC teams but I like watching them. The differences are glaring.

The combination of speed and size in the SEC especially on DEFENSE is night & day between any conference. If you don't think that is more difficult on a RB then I feel sorry for you.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This has become a battle of conferences...That wasn't the point. Big 10 didn't boast greats in that time frame & nobody said that. The SEC "Elite" that hit the NFL was names like Ingram, Tate, Hardesty, & McCluster...Enough said about that. SEC produces big time talent but downgrading everyone else outside of that is blind.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Comparing the 2 conferences is embarrassing. SEC is like watching pro football. The Big Ten is like watching pee wee football. I am not really a fan of many SEC teams but I like watching them. The differences are glaring.

The combination of speed and size in the SEC especially on DEFENSE is night & day between any conference. If you don't think that is more difficult on a RB then I feel sorry for you.
    This is a fallacy.

The SEC has a few very good teams, but is mostly composed of teams like Vanderbilt and Kentucky...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Ask Florida how Ohio State is when matching up against the SEC.

How did Penn State do when they opened against Alabama and got embarrassed.

How did Michigan do when they were ranked (i believe top 10), only to get absolutely embarrassed by Alabama. Who gives Alabama the best games? Oh yea, other SEC teams. Why? Because other conferences can't cut it.

Yeah, that Big Ten is bad ass.

I'm hoping another team can eventually win a national championship that is NOT in the SEC because I get tired of hearing how dominating that conference is. Ohio State tried several times but obviously they were overrated and couldn't match the speed of Florida. To argue otherwise is wasting your breadth and shows ignorance. I suggest watching different conferences play instead of whats on your local channels (probably Big Ten).
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Again, the SEC has a few very good teams...

It is a very top heavy conference and is not especially competitive from top to bottom...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Oh, and OSU beat Arkansas on a big stage...