Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beanie Wells a possibility?

Legend

User Info Menu

Wells did seem to lack heart when it came to playing through injury. But, he runs with authority. I wouldn't mind having him on the roster as long as you are not looking for him to be the primary back.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bells has been neither productive nor healthy. I'll pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I hope not
    literally what i said when i read the subject... "Gawd, I hope not"
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Bells has been neither productive nor healthy. I'll pass.
    Not sure I can completely agree. When healthy Wells is a 4+ yards per carry back with a nack for finding the endzone.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not sure I can completely agree. When healthy Wells is a 4+ yards per carry back with a nack for finding the endzone.
    Aren't you a buckeye fan?

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well he "Reeks" of a Steeler FA signing. Wouldn't hurt the Comp picks because he was cut. (Part of the "Steeler Type") He had some injuries but none significant. Wake up call? Would be nice for the Steelers to benefit from that.

2 years younger than Mendy. In 4 years, 625/2,471 24 TDs. By season avg compared to Mendy...very similiar. Mendy is 173/709 6 TDs & Wells is 156/618 6 TDs. Low risk incentive deal...Why not? The backfield would be better and removes the need to draft one early. They could focus on a "change up" later. Redman will be 29 this year so having two 24 year olds & a rookie is a good start.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Aren't you a buckeye fan?
    And? Considering I have seen most of his games in college, and have followed his career in the pros...it makes me more qualified than most to evaluate his talent which IMO is evident. I'm the first to bust on a Buckeye when I dont like their play...ie Mike Adams.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

And? Considering I have seen most of his games in college, and have followed his career in the pros...it makes me more qualified than most to evaluate his talent which IMO is evident. I'm the first to bust on a Buckeye when I dont like their play...ie Mike Adams.
    Was establishing the perspective.. I think it also makes you biased.. ask me if I want Michael Bush...

Beanie was a STUD in college. He's been "average" in the pros. We already have a couple of average RBs on the roster. He wouldn't be a horrible add. But, you'd want "better than what we have" - i think he's on par with what we have...

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Was establishing the perspective.. I think it also makes you biased.. ask me if I want Michael Bush...

Beanie was a STUD in college. He's been "average" in the pros. We already have a couple of average RBs on the roster. He wouldn't be a horrible add. But, you'd want "better than what we have" - i think he's on par with what we have...
    his college production inflated his value AND expectations. For what the Steelers would need him for, i think he's worth a look.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not sure what his health has been like in specific seasons, other than that he is rarely healthy. Below 4 YPC in 2 of 4 seasons:

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WellCh00.htm[/URL]

AZ seemed like they had seen more than enough of Wells, especially with the drafting of Ryan Williams in the second.