Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88

Thread: Beanie Wells a possibility?

  1. #61
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,534
    I'm with Shawn on this one. I would much rather have a Beanie Wells over any of the current Steeler backs. In fact, I suggested this back in December.

    http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...r-the-Steelers


    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State









  2. #62
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    This is a fallacy.

    The SEC has a few very good teams, but is mostly composed of teams like Vanderbilt and Kentucky...
    Talk about ignorance...

    LSU
    Auburn
    South Carolina
    Florida
    Arkansas
    Texas A&M
    Georgia
    Alabama
    Ole Miss

    ...

    Yeah ... just like Kentucky and Vanderbilt. hahaha

    The SEC has to come to play every weak because their schedule is nasty. Why? Because they play other SEC and not pee wee football.

  3. #63
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Oh, and OSU beat Arkansas on a big stage...
    Wow, a down Arkansas team from years past. Now, that's something to hang your hat on.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Comparing the 2 conferences is embarrassing. SEC is like watching pro football. The Big Ten is like watching pee wee football. I am not really a fan of many SEC teams but I like watching them. The differences are glaring.

    The combination of speed and size in the SEC especially on DEFENSE is night & day between any conference. If you don't think that is more difficult on a RB then I feel sorry for you.
    I backed my opinion with facts, and stats. You just backed your opinion with more opinion.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  5. #65
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Talk about ignorance...

    LSU
    Auburn
    South Carolina
    Florida
    Arkansas
    Texas A&M
    Georgia
    Alabama
    Ole Miss

    ...

    Yeah ... just like Kentucky and Vanderbilt. hahaha

    The SEC has to come to play every weak because their schedule is nasty. Why? Because they play other SEC and not pee wee football.
    The point being... give me a RB that has to play against these type of defenses on a weekly basis. Not some overinflated stat sheet from some crappy conference.

    Georgia, South Carolina, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Alabama. Those defenses have some players.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    lol...Wells isn't Dwyer or Redman. I don't see too many Buckeye fans saying anything of the like. Wells was considered the most powerful back in college football. And while he has struggled with playing injured you can't deny his youth and talent. Read the draft profile on Beanie I posted, then read Redmans or Dwyers.
    If Wells really is that much better than Dwyer or Redman it will be reflected in his contract value. While what you say is true three year ago, it isn't true now.

    I personally think Wells is headed toward very minimal salary in the $1-$2 million range, little guarantees and maybe some incentives for performance. That sounds an awful lot like what Redman and Dwyer are being tendered and what Redman and Dwyer would be looking at on the open market if they were there.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by deljzc View Post
    If Wells really is that much better than Dwyer or Redman it will be reflected in his contract value. While what you say is true three year ago, it isn't true now.

    I personally think Wells is headed toward very minimal salary in the $1-$2 million range, little guarantees and maybe some incentives for performance. That sounds an awful lot like what Redman and Dwyer are being tendered and what Redman and Dwyer would be looking at on the open market if they were there.
    A healthy Wells is a first round talent as shown by the NFL draft and his 4+ yards a carry in his healthy seasons. This playing behind a very poor OL.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  8. #68
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I backed my opinion with facts, and stats. You just backed your opinion with more opinion.
    Why don't teams like Oregon match up well against Alabama? It's not because of pure speed because Oregon has that. It's the combination of size and speed. Particularly, the line of scrimmage and defense.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Why don't teams like Oregon match up well against Alabama? It's not because of pure speed because Oregon has that. It's the combination of size and speed. Particularly, the line of scrimmage and defense.
    You are missing the point entirely. I said the SEC is the superior conference. But, the talent within the Big Ten and the SEC is comparable as expressed through the draft and pro bowl appearances. Not to mention the Big Ten is geared for smash mouth run first football. To run in the Big Ten is an accomplishment because the other team is focused on stopping your run FIRST.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

  10. #70
    OTE=steelz09;553656]The SEC has to come to play every weak because their schedule is nasty. Why? Because they play other SEC and not pee wee football.[/QUOTE]

    Sure...

    If you really want to watch competitive football where many teams have a tought schedule, you should really watch Big 12 football...

    In 2012, that was the conference who had the most difficult schedules in the aggregate...

    Talk about ignorance...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •