Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 88

Thread: Beanie Wells a possibility?

  1. #41
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,393
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Through history? sure. But, there's probably more examples of moms dying in childbirth... We're talking today's expectations...

    In recent history, there's more examples of coming back than not... is anyone suspecting RGIII won't be back? Is anybody saying, "we need a 1st round TE, cuz Heath will never be back!"
    Ask Peterson what he thinks about not being able to come back from an ACL injury.

  2. #42
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,452
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Lattimore played in the big boy league of college football against the closest thing to NFL talent college has and has been a feeding ground for NFL teams.

    I think it is unfair to Lattimore to even reference the first knee injury. He was playing very well which showed me his first ACL injury was heeled. That should not be much of a concern because by next year, that knee will now have 2 years of recovery.

    It's his latest knee injury which should be the only concern. Without last year's injury, Lattimore would have been the first RB taken in this year's draft.... no doubt.
    Lattimore is coming to the "big boy" league. Injuries don't know conferences. So throw out the first to throw out the second. Sorry...NFL is unfair. You don't throw out any knee injuries. You don't assume anyone comes back from the 2nd or 3rd because he came back from the 1st. Lattimore has to prove he can come back from the 2nd. Lattimore has to do it in the "big boy" league. I'm pulling for anyone who wants to follow his dream. I hope him well. But if I'm writing the checks...My mind tells my fingers what to do...Not my heart.



  3. #43
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,452
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Ask Peterson what he thinks about not being able to come back from an ACL injury.
    Hopefully it never happens but...When RG III & Peterson tear their ACL, PCL, MCL, & dislocate their knee in the other leg...We can ask.



  4. #44
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,393
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Lattimore is coming to the "big boy" league. Injuries don't know conferences. So throw out the first to throw out the second. Sorry...NFL is unfair. You don't throw out any knee injuries. You don't assume anyone comes back from the 2nd or 3rd because he came back from the 1st. Lattimore has to prove he can come back from the 2nd. Lattimore has to do it in the "big boy" league. I'm pulling for anyone who wants to follow his dream. I hope him well. But if I'm writing the checks...My mind tells my fingers what to do...Not my heart.
    I was simply comparing Lattimore to Beanie Wells. You compared the two college careers. I said Lattimore played in the big boy league.

    Lattimore proved he was back from the 1st one... so yes, i discount that one because he proved he recovered from the first one. The second one was to the opposite leg.

    Lattimore stats:

    Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
    Year School Conf Class Pos Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
    2010* South Carolina SEC FR RB 249 1197 4.8 17 29 412 14.2 2 278 1609 5.8 19
    2011* South Carolina SEC SO RB 163 818 5.0 10 19 182 9.6 1 182 1000 5.5 11
    2012* South Carolina SEC JR RB 143 662 4.6 11 26 173 6.7 0 169 835 4.9 11
    Career South Carolina 555 2677 4.8 38 74 767 10.4 3 629 3444 5.5 41

  5. #45
    Beanie Wells

    Positives:
    Extraordinary combination of size and natural running ability. Downhill runner who attacks the line of scrimmage when running inside. Shows the patience to pick and slide laterally. Good burst to and through the hole. Despite his height, generally runs with good pad level, giving defenders little to target other than his knees and shoulder pads. Rare size and leg drive to move the pile. Rare vision and lateral quickness for a back of his size. Anticipates the cutback lanes before they appear and capitalizes on them. Surprising acceleration to break through the first wave of the defense and get to the second level. Brutal stiff-arm when in the open field to bat away defenders attempting to drag him down. Despite his size, shows good breakaway speed. Final nine touchdowns against BCS opponents traveled an average of 32 yards. Good size and strength as a pass blocker. Despite his struggles with durability, some close to the program characterize him as being a tough player willing to play through pain. Negatives: Primary concern - and the only one that will keep him from being a top 10 pick - is Wells' struggles with durability. Fought nagging injuries throughout much of his career at Ohio State and some have questioned whether he knows the difference between pain and injury. Sat out three full games and parts of several others (including the 2009 Fiesta Bowl -- his final game in a Buckeye uniform) with foot, hamstring and head (concussion) injuries. May lack natural hands for the reception. Has only caught 15 passes for 84 career yards and too often double-clutches. Inconsistent effort as a blocker

    ----------------------

    lol...big boy league. The Big Ten talent is geared for stopping the run...not a 4 wide spread option. It's tougher to run in the Big Ten then it is in the SEC.

    And as long as we are comparing stats here is Beanie's

    585 carries for 3382 yards (5.78 avg) and 30 touchdowns, not too bad in a run first conference.
    Last edited by Shawn; 03-13-2013 at 02:05 PM.

  6. #46
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,452
    I posted both their stats if you read. That was done because SOD was saying Lattimore was a better runner and I was showing college production. Since we ONLY have Lattimore's college resume...There ya go. He has ZERO NFL resume. I know what his injuries were. You can not disregard any knee injuries regardless of where you think he was after it. They don't get better with time or wear & tear. Odds are Lattimore is damaged goods. If it wasn't true, Lattimore would be a 1st rounder.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 03-13-2013 at 02:01 PM.



  7. #47
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Beanie Wells

    Positives:
    Extraordinary combination of size and natural running ability. Downhill runner who attacks the line of scrimmage when running inside. Shows the patience to pick and slide laterally. Good burst to and through the hole. Despite his height, generally runs with good pad level, giving defenders little to target other than his knees and shoulder pads. Rare size and leg drive to move the pile. Rare vision and lateral quickness for a back of his size. Anticipates the cutback lanes before they appear and capitalizes on them. Surprising acceleration to break through the first wave of the defense and get to the second level. Brutal stiff-arm when in the open field to bat away defenders attempting to drag him down. Despite his size, shows good breakaway speed. Final nine touchdowns against BCS opponents traveled an average of 32 yards. Good size and strength as a pass blocker. Despite his struggles with durability, some close to the program characterize him as being a tough player willing to play through pain. Negatives: Primary concern - and the only one that will keep him from being a top 10 pick - is Wells' struggles with durability. Fought nagging injuries throughout much of his career at Ohio State and some have questioned whether he knows the difference between pain and injury. Sat out three full games and parts of several others (including the 2009 Fiesta Bowl -- his final game in a Buckeye uniform) with foot, hamstring and head (concussion) injuries. May lack natural hands for the reception. Has only caught 15 passes for 84 career yards and too often double-clutches. Inconsistent effort as a blocker

    ----------------------

    lol...big boy league. The Big Ten talent is geared for stopping the run...not a 4 wide spread option. It's tougher to run in the Big Ten then it is in the SEC.

    And as long as we are comparing stats here is Beanie's

    585 carries for 3382 yards (5.78 avg) and 30 touchdowns, not too bad in a run first conference.
    Comparing the Big Ten and the SEC is embarrassing.

  8. #48
    Beanie Wells

    585 carries for 3382 yards (5.78 avg) and 30 touchdowns, not too bad in a run first conference.

  9. #49
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,393
    Mark Ingram Freshman Stats:

    Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
    Year School Conf Class Pos Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
    2008* Alabama SEC FR RB 143 728 5.1 12 7 54 7.7 0 150 782 5.2 12
    Career Alabama 572 3261 5.7 42 60 670 11.2 4 632 3931 6.2 46

    Trent Richardson Freshman Stats

    Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
    Year School Conf Class Pos Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
    2009* Alabama SEC FR RB 145 751 5.2 8 16 126 7.9 0 161 877 5.4 8
    Career Alabama 540 3130 5.8 35 68 730 10.7 7 608 3860 6.3 42

    Marcus Lattimore Freshman Stats:
    Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
    Year School Conf Class Pos Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
    2010* South Carolina SEC FR RB 249 1197 4.8 17 29 412 14.2 2 278 1609 5.8 19
    Career South Carolina 555 2677 4.8 38 74 767 10.4 3 629 3444 5.5 41


    Boy, I would hate to have a game named Lattimore as our back. lol

    You know what type of talented freak you must be to come in as a true freshman against SEC talent and perform like that? You know why talent like that ends up in the SEC? Because they want to play in the best conference in all of college football against the best talent in college football. They don't want to play for some school in the Big Ten and be a laughing stock.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Comparing the Big Ten and the SEC is embarrassing.
    You are funny and you are showing your lack of insight. The Big Ten is the inferior conference. But, it's not a spread option, pass first conference. It's a run first conference, with teams built to stop the run. If you can run in the Big Ten, you are doing something. The Big Ten is not deficient when it comes to developing NFL talent.

    In the last 10 drafts the Big Ten has had 339 players drafted, the SEC 401. Within those numbers the SEC has produced 80 (19.9%) ALL-Pro/Pro bowl appearances, the Big Ten 62 (18.2%).


    So, saying the comparison the Big Ten talent to the SEC talent is "embarassing" shows your bias or your ignorance take your choice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •