Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 88

Thread: Beanie Wells a possibility?

  1. #11
    Wells did seem to lack heart when it came to playing through injury. But, he runs with authority. I wouldn't mind having him on the roster as long as you are not looking for him to be the primary back.

  2. #12
    Bells has been neither productive nor healthy. I'll pass.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I hope not
    literally what i said when i read the subject... "Gawd, I hope not"
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Bells has been neither productive nor healthy. I'll pass.
    Not sure I can completely agree. When healthy Wells is a 4+ yards per carry back with a nack for finding the endzone.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not sure I can completely agree. When healthy Wells is a 4+ yards per carry back with a nack for finding the endzone.
    Aren't you a buckeye fan?
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,453
    Well he "Reeks" of a Steeler FA signing. Wouldn't hurt the Comp picks because he was cut. (Part of the "Steeler Type") He had some injuries but none significant. Wake up call? Would be nice for the Steelers to benefit from that.

    2 years younger than Mendy. In 4 years, 625/2,471 24 TDs. By season avg compared to Mendy...very similiar. Mendy is 173/709 6 TDs & Wells is 156/618 6 TDs. Low risk incentive deal...Why not? The backfield would be better and removes the need to draft one early. They could focus on a "change up" later. Redman will be 29 this year so having two 24 year olds & a rookie is a good start.



  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Aren't you a buckeye fan?
    And? Considering I have seen most of his games in college, and have followed his career in the pros...it makes me more qualified than most to evaluate his talent which IMO is evident. I'm the first to bust on a Buckeye when I dont like their play...ie Mike Adams.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And? Considering I have seen most of his games in college, and have followed his career in the pros...it makes me more qualified than most to evaluate his talent which IMO is evident. I'm the first to bust on a Buckeye when I dont like their play...ie Mike Adams.
    Was establishing the perspective.. I think it also makes you biased.. ask me if I want Michael Bush...

    Beanie was a STUD in college. He's been "average" in the pros. We already have a couple of average RBs on the roster. He wouldn't be a horrible add. But, you'd want "better than what we have" - i think he's on par with what we have...
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,628
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Was establishing the perspective.. I think it also makes you biased.. ask me if I want Michael Bush...

    Beanie was a STUD in college. He's been "average" in the pros. We already have a couple of average RBs on the roster. He wouldn't be a horrible add. But, you'd want "better than what we have" - i think he's on par with what we have...
    his college production inflated his value AND expectations. For what the Steelers would need him for, i think he's worth a look.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Not sure I can completely agree. When healthy Wells is a 4+ yards per carry back with a nack for finding the endzone.
    I'm not sure what his health has been like in specific seasons, other than that he is rarely healthy. Below 4 YPC in 2 of 4 seasons:

    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...W/WellCh00.htm

    AZ seemed like they had seen more than enough of Wells, especially with the drafting of Ryan Williams in the second.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •