Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Beanie Wells a possibility?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm with Shawn on this one. I would much rather have a Beanie Wells over any of the current Steeler backs. In fact, I suggested this back in December.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/39547-This-could-be-what-the-Jerome-Bettis-trade-was-for-the-Steelers[/url]
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    This is a fallacy.

The SEC has a few very good teams, but is mostly composed of teams like Vanderbilt and Kentucky...
    Talk about ignorance...

LSU
    Auburn
    South Carolina
    Florida
    Arkansas
    Texas A&M
    Georgia
    Alabama
    Ole Miss

Yeah ... just like Kentucky and Vanderbilt. hahaha

The SEC has to come to play every weak because their schedule is nasty. Why? Because they play other SEC and not pee wee football.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Oh, and OSU beat Arkansas on a big stage...
    Wow, a down Arkansas team from years past. Now, that's something to hang your hat on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Comparing the 2 conferences is embarrassing. SEC is like watching pro football. The Big Ten is like watching pee wee football. I am not really a fan of many SEC teams but I like watching them. The differences are glaring.

The combination of speed and size in the SEC especially on DEFENSE is night & day between any conference. If you don't think that is more difficult on a RB then I feel sorry for you.
    I backed my opinion with facts, and stats. You just backed your opinion with more opinion.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Talk about ignorance...

LSU
    Auburn
    South Carolina
    Florida
    Arkansas
    Texas A&M
    Georgia
    Alabama
    Ole Miss

Yeah ... just like Kentucky and Vanderbilt. hahaha

The SEC has to come to play every weak because their schedule is nasty. Why? Because they play other SEC and not pee wee football.
    The point being... give me a RB that has to play against these type of defenses on a weekly basis. Not some overinflated stat sheet from some crappy conference.

Georgia, South Carolina, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Alabama. Those defenses have some players.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    lol...Wells isn't Dwyer or Redman. I don't see too many Buckeye fans saying anything of the like. Wells was considered the most powerful back in college football. And while he has struggled with playing injured you can't deny his youth and talent. Read the draft profile on Beanie I posted, then read Redmans or Dwyers.
    If Wells really is that much better than Dwyer or Redman it will be reflected in his contract value. While what you say is true three year ago, it isn't true now.

I personally think Wells is headed toward very minimal salary in the $1-$2 million range, little guarantees and maybe some incentives for performance. That sounds an awful lot like what Redman and Dwyer are being tendered and what Redman and Dwyer would be looking at on the open market if they were there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deljzc View Post
    If Wells really is that much better than Dwyer or Redman it will be reflected in his contract value. While what you say is true three year ago, it isn't true now.

I personally think Wells is headed toward very minimal salary in the $1-$2 million range, little guarantees and maybe some incentives for performance. That sounds an awful lot like what Redman and Dwyer are being tendered and what Redman and Dwyer would be looking at on the open market if they were there.
    A healthy Wells is a first round talent as shown by the NFL draft and his 4+ yards a carry in his healthy seasons. This playing behind a very poor OL.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I backed my opinion with facts, and stats. You just backed your opinion with more opinion.
    Why don't teams like Oregon match up well against Alabama? It's not because of pure speed because Oregon has that. It's the combination of size and speed. Particularly, the line of scrimmage and defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why don't teams like Oregon match up well against Alabama? It's not because of pure speed because Oregon has that. It's the combination of size and speed. Particularly, the line of scrimmage and defense.
    You are missing the point entirely. I said the SEC is the superior conference. But, the talent within the Big Ten and the SEC is comparable as expressed through the draft and pro bowl appearances. Not to mention the Big Ten is geared for smash mouth run first football. To run in the Big Ten is an accomplishment because the other team is focused on stopping your run FIRST.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

OTE=steelz09;553656]The SEC has to come to play every weak because their schedule is nasty. Why? Because they play other SEC and not pee wee football.[/QUOTE]

Sure...

If you really want to watch competitive football where many teams have a tought schedule, you should really watch Big 12 football...

In 2012, that was the conference who had the most difficult schedules in the aggregate...

Talk about ignorance...