Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beanie Wells a possibility?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Was establishing the perspective.. I think it also makes you biased.. ask me if I want Michael Bush...

Beanie was a STUD in college. He's been "average" in the pros. We already have a couple of average RBs on the roster. He wouldn't be a horrible add. But, you'd want "better than what we have" - i think he's on par with what we have...
    Biased in the sense that I have actually seen him play. I don't want former Buckeyes who can't contribute. A healthy Wells is better than Dwyer or Redman.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm not sure what his health has been like in specific seasons, other than that he is rarely healthy. Below 4 YPC in 2 of 4 seasons:

[URL]http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WellCh00.htm[/URL]

AZ seemed like they had seen more than enough of Wells, especially with the drafting of Ryan Williams in the second.
    I agree about his health. He has struggled to stay healthy. And if you bring Wells on, you must realize you might only get 100-200 carries out of him. But, if you look at his healthy seasons he finds the endzone and runs well over 4 yards a carry. That is better than anything we currently have.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Biased in the sense that I have actually seen him play. I don't want former Buckeyes who can't contribute. A healthy Wells is better than Dwyer or Redman.
    but, when you have to qualify it with "a healthy..." you know the guy is a bit of a risk... a healthy Bob Sanders is better than ryan clark... (sorry - i just had to laugh at myself on that one)
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

but, when you have to qualify it with "a healthy..." you know the guy is a bit of a risk... a healthy Bob Sanders is better than ryan clark... (sorry - i just had to laugh at myself on that one)
    What risk? It's not like the guy will break the bank.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

the risk is: filling a potential starting roster spot with someone who is about on par with your other backs and very likely to be injured... IMO, I'd rather spend a mid-round draft pick on an RB than take an chance on having a 2nd Duce...

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Legend

User Info Menu

Duce Staley II

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Today, I'll say DUUUCE, but, if they sign him, I'll be pleased that they got a 1st round talent for cheap and hope like hell that he stays healthy... seemed to be a quality person and a leader, iirc

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Please say no to Beanie Wells.

I'd rather sign no one as a FA and draft Lattimore than go after Wells.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Please say no to Beanie Wells.

I'd rather sign no one as a FA and draft Lattimore than go after Wells.
    dude, i'm SO with you on that one!!

2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)

Administrator

User Info Menu

dude, i'm SO with you on that one!!
    Yup... I like your mock draft. If he's available (unlikely), I might add DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd and then switch up your 3rd. Or, I would definitely go with the BPA Safety in the 2nd round and keep Dobson as your 3rd.

I'm curious to see who you'll have in round 2. As far as Lattimore goes, this guy is a stud. Yes, the two severe knee injures are a concern but I don't think I could pass by the guy if he's available in the 4th. It's actually his latest knee injury which is the concern because he was playing fine last year (off an ACL tear) before he injured the other leg.

I remember when Ray Rice came out. I watched him a lot in college and I just knew that guy was going to do well in the pros. My only concern with Rice is whether he had to much wear on his tires. I was initially concerned about that with Lattimore but his injuries cut way into his college career. I have the same feeling for Lattimore that I had about Rice when he came out.

Living in South Carolina, I obviously watch a lot of Gamecock football (and I'm not a Gamecock fan). I am a Lattimore fan though. This guy has deceptive speed, outstanding vision and instincts, and a very rare ability to slip tackles and sniff out the goal line. He's easily a starter in this league from a talent perspective.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.