Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heard from a good source that Steven Jackson...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Not suggesting it's an idea, before Chadman gets accused of it, but does anyone else think Parker is reluctantly retired?
    Tony Parker is rehabbing in San Antonio, Sarah Jessica Parker is fine, but doesn't play football, Jameson Parker has been off the 'A'-list for quite some time, Fess Parker is deceased I believe, Ace Parker isn't in the league any longer, Buddy Parker is certainly retired, I'm not sure I know this "Parker" that you speak of.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Man, would absolutely love to see this happen. Then draft a RB in the mid rounds.
    @_Hellgrammite

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Man, would absolutely love to see this happen. Then draft a RB in the mid rounds.
    Marcus Lattimore in round 4 or 5. I don't know if he'll last that long though.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Tony Parker is rehabbing in San Antonio, Sarah Jessica Parker is fine, but doesn't play football, Jameson Parker has been off the 'A'-list for quite some time, Fess Parker is deceased I believe, Ace Parker isn't in the league any longer, Buddy Parker is certainly retired, I'm not sure I know this "Parker" that you speak of.

Pappy
    Whats Peter Parker doing these days? He's got some sticky hands... could be useful over the top, or at CB..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Maybe we can sign him and Willie Parker and they can split carries

Seriously though, I'd rather see them take a run at Shonn Greene. That kid's a violent runner. And he and the Jets had such a down year, I bet he'd be more affordable. And he has far less mileage.
    Steven Jackson is a horse. He's had some injuries but he's a specimen and he may not cost a ton. I'm sure he wants to end up on a winner, he can catch and he can block. I'd be elated to get the guy for the right price. He'd also be a locker room presence. He could be a Jerome Bettis 2.0 kind of tailback. A player people are quick to cast off but can be productive in the right system. I'd love this signing for the right price of course.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't forget the Parker Bros.--those guys had some game...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Don't forget the Parker Bros.--those guys had some game...
    Not only that- there's 2 of them, that's a RB committee ready to go..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Legend

User Info Menu

According to KFFL, at least 4 other NFL teams "covet" Steven Jackson...some of them have more cap room than the Steelers.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't buy it anyways, who is the good source ? Colbert, Tomlin , Dan himself or Ed B. More than likely non of the above. Just a writers guess.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

From a reliable site.
    Steelers Covet RB Steven Jackson? Don’t Believe It!According to a Monday evening report by D. Orlando Ledbetter of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Pittsburgh Steelers are one of five teams that "covet" free agent running back Steven Jackson, who recently voided the final year of his contract with the St. Louis Rams.*Ledbetter uses the term "reportedly" in his story, but he doesn't point to where those reports are. What does that mean? It means that his report doesn't hold any water.*
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]