Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: Heard from a good source that Steven Jackson...

  1. #31
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,603
    i call BS on this for a few reasons
    we have no money
    he turned down 7 million. i find it hard to believe thast he will play for much less
    he wants a shot at a superbowl................we really have nothing he wants

    lets draft a young guy in the middle rounds

  2. #32
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Maybe we can sign him and Willie Parker and they can split carries

    Seriously though, I'd rather see them take a run at Shonn Greene. That kid's a violent runner. And he and the Jets had such a down year, I bet he'd be more affordable. And he has far less mileage.
    I said this a few months ago about Greene.

    OTH, If we could get Jackson, I'd take him in a heartbeat
    Guy was banged up all year last season and still ran for over a 1000.
    Violent runner that wants to win NOW

  3. #33
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,194
    Shonn green is not a violent runrunner

    the jets liked the other kid cause he ran harder (forgetting g his name right now)

  4. #34
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,007
    Greene is a huge tailback at 235 pounds. He is tremendously powerful and rarely goes down on first contact.

    Great frame and bulk for a running back. Physical and powerful style of running.


    He doesn’t shy away from contact, and rarely goes down on the first hit. He can juke like a dervish or plow ahead like a minesweeper. Given his size and power, some have even suggested him as a FB/H-Back although an H-Back should have established good hands.

    Scouting reports out of college.
    Every game I saw I thought he ran hard.
    You being from Jersey, you might know more about him than I.
    I'd take a 2nd chance on him if he came cheap.




  5. #35
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    They can sign people. Cut Colon after 6/1, re-work Troy and Woodley.

    Bang, instant cap room.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Maybe we can sign him and Willie Parker and they can split carries

    Seriously though, I'd rather see them take a run at Shonn Greene. That kid's a violent runner. And he and the Jets had such a down year, I bet he'd be more affordable. And he has far less mileage.
    LOL, I was gonna use Ladanian... but, i'm right there with ya... I like Shonn Green...
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  7. #37
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Greene is a huge tailback at 235 pounds. He is tremendously powerful and rarely goes down on first contact.

    Great frame and bulk for a running back. Physical and powerful style of running.


    He doesn’t shy away from contact, and rarely goes down on the first hit. He can juke like a dervish or plow ahead like a minesweeper. Given his size and power, some have even suggested him as a FB/H-Back although an H-Back should have established good hands.

    Scouting reports out of college.
    Every game I saw I thought he ran hard.
    You being from Jersey, you might know more about him than I.
    I'd take a 2nd chance on him if he came cheap.



    The jets fans I know we're not happy with him. Their ground and pound offense suffered when jones left. They thought Greene would be able to pick up the slack.

  8. #38
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,422
    Greene is just another plodding 3.5 ypc RB. The Steelers already have 2 of those.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #39
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I have a ton of respect for Steven Jackson but I'd prefer they try to snag Chris Ivory from New Orleans.
    He received a 2nd round tender from the Saints. Ain't happening.
    Here comes the BOOM!

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Greene is just another plodding 3.5 ypc RB. The Steelers already have 2 of those.
    that's all Steven Jackson would have been with the offense the Jets have... week after week, the opposing D-coordinantor says, "Sanchez and Tebow? YAY! 8 in the box!"
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •