Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More from Skip and Stephen A

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

More from Skip and Stephen A

They were saying that with James Harrison's comments, that oddly there was no mention of Bonehead Ben. They thought it was a clear indication that many players simply don't like or respect Ben. They believe that Ben's phony ways are part of why the locker room is divided, and probably will remain so.

Do they have a point, or are they reading too much into nothing?

I do think that is was obvious Hines Ward didn't buy into Ben very much. And Hines is a true leader of men.

Legend

User Info Menu

A 2 time SuperBowl winning QB should own any locker room he steps in. If there's a player problem, there's a Ben problem.

I dunno if there's a locker room problem or not. Not arguing that point either way. Just that it should be 100% Ben's locker room.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you dig.. eventually you find something. Non story...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    A 2 time SuperBowl winning QB should own any locker room he steps in. If there's a player problem, there's a Ben problem.

I dunno if there's a locker room problem or not. Not arguing that point either way. Just that it should be 100% Ben's locker room.
    Normally, I'd agree. But in this case, there are several factors that could cause the team to not fully be on board with Ben.

1. He used to be clutch. When he is pulling out miracle wins, you, as teammates, overlook his other warts. Since the SB loss vs. GB, Ben is no longer clutch, hence the team is less willing to overlook his bad traits.

2. I think there are indications that Ben is a phony. You do NOT want to run through walls for a QB who is a phony. Phonies turn people off and make them not care. I had a boss who was a huge phony; he's obsess over employees working, yet he dodged real work like a vampire ducks from sunshine. He had huge insecurity problems and would try to compensate for it with things like shooting guns and drag racing. No one wanted to work hard for that douche. Phonies just make you not care. So when Ben does his little act in front of the cameras on the sidelines, players are NOT motivated by that one bit. You can see it in their body language.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This constant bashing and negativity on this board has grown tiresome. As far as Ben goes, after he retires or is no longer our QB, some people will be wishing they had appreciated what we had in Ben. It was a helluva long time between franchise QB's for us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wow! I must also be very insecure since my hobbies include guns and drag racing! You are a giant phony! You say you are a Steelers fan but 99% of your posts are to $%^& and whine about them. You spew Steeler hate all over this forum. You will now be on ignore. Tired of you around here. I had hoped the post of you leaving was true.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Wow! I must also be very insecure since my hobbies include guns and drag racing! You are a giant phony! You say you are a Steelers fan but 99% of your posts are to $%^& and whine about them. You spew Steeler hate all over this forum. You will now be on ignore. Tired of you around here. I had hoped the post of you leaving was true.
    Have you ever drag raced? I've got that on my bucket list of things I'd like to try some day. Although I'm pretty sure I'd be the unlucky fool flipping the car.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Have you ever drag raced? I've got that on my bucket list of things I'd like to try some day. Although I'm pretty sure I'd be the unlucky fool flipping the car.
    There is a lot more too it than he just drag raced and shot guns.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Good. Beat it. I hate homerisms any how. Unrealistic hacks in denial.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    This constant bashing and negativity on this board has grown tiresome. As far as Ben goes, after he retires or is no longer our QB, some people will be wishing they had appreciated what we had in Ben. It was a helluva long time between franchise QB's for us.
    Naw, I still won't appreciate him blowing the Super Bowl vs. GB, blowing it last year when we needed just one win to make the play offs and he made bonehead plays to lose the games vs. Dallas and Cinci, and later whined that his arm was still not strong enough (How does a weak arm make your brain fart out wet farts?) He's being exposed as a phony. I would take Russell Wilson over him right now.