Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: More from Skip and Stephen A

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Links please? Oh wait, that sounds like someone else on this board.
    What links do you want? He's divorced. His running around is the reason why.

Also got popped for a DUI.

He was just named in a paternity suit, and it's rumored that this could be the first of many.

He's not the squeaky clean smilin' Hines you guys think he is.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I haven't met Ben, but I have met Russell Wilson and he's tiny - I'd guess 5'6" to 5'8". I'm glad he's getting a legit shot in the NFL, but I wouldn't want my franchise resting on such a small QB. Big Ben gets hurt all the time behind our line, I bet Wilson would get killed.
    Ha. Wrong. Those in Seattle today think they have already won the next SB with the addition of Harvin for Wilson to throw to. But I am thinking the same thing you are.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    The one time that I met Ben he rubbed me the wrong way, But who am I'm just a nobody so I don't count.
    my wild guess would be you wanted an autograph and he ditched you??
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben is sometimes a jerk. He often speaks out of turn or uses the media to make his points. But, he also has friends on the team, like Colon and Keisel. He has matured in the last few years. How much? I have no idea.

In the end, it really doesn't matter. Lot's of Super Bowl winning QBs are jerks sometimes. As long as Ben is putting in the work and not undermining his coaches and other team leaders, he is fine. We all know what he sacrifices on the field. That can never be questioned.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Wow. James didn't say anything about Ben...

If you were to look up a definition of "non-story", there would be a link to Stephen A's and Skip's comments regarding this...

Backup

User Info Menu

Seems to me I remember the LAST quarterback to win Super Bowls in the 'Burgh dealing with some local media controversy as well. Got to wonder how the whole Bradshaw "dumb jock" thing would've looked on a board like this one if it had existed back in the early 70's. I personally think the off season is giving too many people too much time to think. Winning brings a locker room together. They didn't do enough of it last year because a lot of key performers weren't healthy. If they start doing it again, the issues go away.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    I personally think the off season is giving too many people too much time to think.
    And when they're not used to doing that, we end up with horse**** topics like this one.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I believe you would take any quarterback over Ben, so, eh, to the Russell Wilson comment.

Pappy
    Nope, you are wrong. I would take Brady, Brees, Rogers, Wilson, Luck and maybe Kaepernick over Ben, but that's about it. (I would only take Luck, Wilson and Kaepernick over Ben due to my belief of how those players will play in the future compared to how Ben will play in the future and how many years he has left.)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    my wild guess would be you wanted an autograph and he ditched you??
    No , I'm to old with more self esteem to worry about an autograph. I just tried to shake his hand and wish him good luck on the game and he made a smart statement. At the same Time Mendy, Trai E and Willie Parker was friendly and down to earth. Trust me I don't worship athletes like that to worry about a signed piece of paper.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Guys, don't be so quick to discount what skip and Stephen A. Have to say. After all, these two know exactly how a d-bag behaves.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.