Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More from Skip and Stephen A

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The one time that I met Ben he rubbed me the wrong way, But who am I'm just a nobody so I don't count.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Naw, I still won't appreciate him blowing the Super Bowl vs. GB, blowing it last year when we needed just one win to make the play offs and he made bonehead plays to lose the games vs. Dallas and Cinci, and later whined that his arm was still not strong enough (How does a weak arm make your brain fart out wet farts?) He's being exposed as a phony. I would take Russell Wilson over him right now.
    I believe you would take any quarterback over Ben, so, eh, to the Russell Wilson comment.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    The one time that I met Ben he rubbed me the wrong way, But who am I'm just a nobody so I don't count.
    And, my kids got to meet him when Bettis was still playing and they walked away thinking he was pretty cool and so did me and my wife, good days, bad days, ya know. But, I do understand how first impressions can leave a lasting memory good and bad. The saying, "You only get one chance to make a first impression" carriers a lot of weight.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    In Hines world? He was.

Even though reality says different.

He's a punk, and he's always been a punk. Should have stayed away from the strippers and the groupies and focused on being a good parent.
    Links please? Oh wait, that sounds like someone else on this board.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Ben is partial owners of King Street Bar & Grille by me. People that met him at King Street said he was an arrogant, cocky douche. I'm willing to bet that was early in his career though. I don't know because I haven't met him.

At the end of the day, the guy might be arrogant... That's his problem, not mine. I just want the guy to win football games.

If his douchebagness is causing players to lose respect for him then that's a different story.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Yes I have Flippy but nothing very fast. Anyone can drag race any car, but I figure you would like to try a fast rail dragster. Good luck not flipping one!
    That's what I was thinking of. One of those long skinny cars where the race last 2 seconds and a parachute comes out of the back. Although I might need the parachute after I flip it and take off into orbit

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I believe you would take any quarterback over Ben, so, eh, to the Russell Wilson comment.

Pappy
    I haven't met Ben, but I have met Russell Wilson and he's tiny - I'd guess 5'6" to 5'8". I'm glad he's getting a legit shot in the NFL, but I wouldn't want my franchise resting on such a small QB. Big Ben gets hurt all the time behind our line, I bet Wilson would get killed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I haven't met Ben, but I have met Russell Wilson and he's tiny - I'd guess 5'6" to 5'8". I'm glad he's getting a legit shot in the NFL, but I wouldn't want my franchise resting on such a small QB. Big Ben gets hurt all the time behind our line, I bet Wilson would get killed.
    Yeah, even under the best OL's with the best of mobility a guy will still take some NFL hits. He's a gamer, but I'm with you on this one.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hate post #1877, you paint yourself as an expert on everything Steelers. You get all the inside information. How is it you draw the conclusion that Ben is hated by his team mates? Is it based on you hating him? If you are so in love with Russel Wilson then please do this board a favor, go find a Seahawks board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I'm willing to bet that was early in his career though.
    This was three years ago. On a side note Trai and Rashard was pretty cool. Trai is huge and Rashard is short.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]