Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Cook: James Harrison's exit from Steelers wrong, avoidable

  1. #11
    The one good point he makes is that the Steelers are not rebuilding as long as Ben is The QB.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The one good point he makes is that the Steelers are not rebuilding as long as Ben is The QB.
    I don't know what team you and Cook have been watching? Ben ain't winning nothing without a dominating defense, along with his inability to put points on the board. But keep hope alive, eh!!

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,023
    I don't pretend to understand the staggering numbers that were in linebacker James Harrison's contract or the impact they had on the Steelers' fragile salary-cap situation.
    I stopped reading after this^^^
    Cap casualty, let's move on please

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,272
    It was a must for the organization to move forward. The release of Colon and the restructuring of Woodley should help clean up more cap space. We all loved James and all but it was time to move on. Worilds played well in limited time last season and I expect him to step up nicely. Looking forward to the future.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I agree with this article. I think we needed Ben, Troy, and James to compete for a SuperBowl. Now we need to count on someone else to step up now that James is gone. No other player has shown the ability to play at the levels of these 3.
    I was saying this same exact thing to a co-worker today!!

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I don't know what team you and Cook have been watching? Ben ain't winning nothing without a dominating defense, along with his inability to put points on the board. But keep hope alive, eh!!
    Whatevs. Without Ben, Steelers make it to ZERO SBs in the past 9 years. And I think at one point he had outscored Aikman and Young in the playoffs on a ppg basis.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779
    I think its time for Worlids to step up...He is a Rd 2 pick playing in NFL for 4 years now. Anyways its not like Jason is replacing DPOY. He needs to produce more than 6 sacks to do better than James. With more playing time he should get double digit sacks.

    Jams Harrison was one of my fave Steelers player but his production last season was nothing to write home about. Jason Worlids should be able replicate that and more.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

  8. #18
    Backup
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    452
    People are missing the point. The STEELERS didn't move on.

    James Harrison did.

    Why give the Steelers credit? If HARRISON accepted the 30% cut but chance to earn it back offer (if true) what would the same people who are "praising" the Steelesr be saying then?

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,460
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I think its time for Worlids to step up...He is a Rd 2 pick playing in NFL for 4 years now. Anyways its not like Jason is replacing DPOY. He needs to produce more than 6 sacks to do better than James. With more playing time he should get double digit sacks.

    Jams Harrison was one of my fave Steelers player but his production last season was nothing to write home about. Jason Worlids should be able replicate that and more.
    You hit the nail on the head. Harrison has been below his standard for two straight seasons. In limited time Worilds had one less sack that Harrison did. Harrison's performance the past two seasons was far below his hype and "legend." If Woodley gets his fat azz back to where he is a consistent double digit sack threat then we will be just fine.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •