Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for a 6th round pick!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Draft picks are lottery tickets. You wouldn't turn down a free lottery ticket and say... "It's too much of a long shot, don't bother giving it to me."

The Ravens WERE going to cut him. They got a lottery ticket back in return. Sure, it's a long shot, but it's better than nothing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'll take a chance on an extra six round pick versus the big nothing we just got for Harrison. I'll guarantee you that there is a 100% chance that "nothing" never plays a game in the NFL.
    maybe there wasn't a market for harrison at his salary.

don't the 49ers have to honor the 6 million boldin was due?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Here is what the Football Guys have to say on it.

[[[[[[[[[ OUR VIEW ]]]]]]]]]]]

Boldin is a guy getting up there in years but he clearly can still play. Reports were out today about how much Joe Flacco wanted to keep him in Baltimore. Yahoo's Doug Farrar posted today that Ray Rice told him "that outside of Flacco, Boldin might have been the team's MVP." So it's clearly a significant loss for the Ravens and Flacco.
    Yea, Flacco, you wanted to keep him, but not enough to take less $ yourself. That is kind of BS.

Brady should be commended for what he is willing to do for his team. Flacco is lucky with how much $ he got guaranteed, because they are gonna be coming back to him asking for $ back within a year or two.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll take a chance on an extra six round pick versus the big nothing we just got for Harrison. I'll guarantee you that there is a 100% chance that "nothing" never plays a game in the NFL.
    $$$$ What's happening to Kevin Colbert? Is he developing Alzheimer's?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Here is what the Football Guys have to say on it.

Yea, Flacco, you wanted to keep him, but not enough to take less $ yourself. That is kind of BS.

Brady should be commended for what he is willing to do for his team. Flacco is lucky with how much $ he got guaranteed, because they are gonna be coming back to him asking for $ back within a year or two.
    Brady already had his big pay day... they fielded teams with WR at DB and far less talent then what the Ravens have. Get off his nutz.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    $$$$ What's happening to Kevin Colbert? Is he developing Alzheimer's?
    Maybe hanging with LeBeau too much
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Too bad we couldn't have gotten him for a 6th rounder. He was effectively Haley's running game in Arizona with all the short passes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If I recall correctly, Brady got all of his money guaranteed too, so even though he "took one for the team" the team didn't exactly do him wrong on that deal did they?
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

What a concept. Trading a player and getting something back versus just cutting.
    no comparison. nobody was going to pay harrisons current contract numbers and give up a 6th.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What a concept. Trading a player and getting something back versus just cutting.
    Yep. Time to get with the times and play the system like everyone else.
    @_Hellgrammite