Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anquan Boldin traded to 49ers for a 6th round pick!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    Originally Posted by squidkid
    no comparison. nobody was going to pay harrisons current contract numbers and give up a 6th.

BHD said: Are you sure about that? Harrison still grades out in the top 10 OLB's... Even a 7th-rounder would be better than getting nothing for him...

I still have expectations he returns
    I also HOPE he does. Will any team pay him his money? More then the Steelers offered? I am not sure with his age and league trouble. One questionable hit he is gone for 1 or more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    IDK, while I hope you're right, too many teams have a need for a 3/4 OLB. Especially one that comes from a winning program and plays with a chip on his shoulder. I've heard interest linked to Cleveland and New Orleans primarily but also Philly and Baltimore.
    It sure is a longshot. Heck, I thought he was the best Steeler player the last several games. But maybe teams will think that was just a "Last Hurrah" go out in a blaze of glory effort and backoff. Facts: back surgery, knee complications, age, big salary. It is possible teams will not move. Maybe James will become the new Max Starks.

if you guys want to talk about getting return value for a player....

Minnesota got a 1st and 7th this year, and a mid round pick next year from Seattle for Percy Harvin. He's a good player, but he's not a "1st round pick and then some" good player.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Are you sure about that? Harrison still grades out in the top 10 OLB's... Even a 7th-rounder would be better than getting nothing for him...
    i guess we'll find out tomorrow starting at 4 oclock
    whats he need to ink, a 2 year deal for 14 million?