Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Foster re-signed

Administrator

User Info Menu

Gay doesn't fill any gap. He's a #3 (at best)... not a #2.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Now, even with the Foster signing, lets say Warmack falls to us in the first round, do you still take the guard? I mean Foster is an excellent backup guard if we happen to get lucky and have three, for lack of a better word, beasts on our interior lines? Cut Colon, have the two young tackles, Foster backs up all four positions, Legs to back up Pouncey. That's not bad......
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

I still think Foster's a better RT than G. Wonder if the long range plan could be to eventually move Adams to LT and Foster to RT?

He can't pull from the LG position, so I don't get the Steelers plans. Do you move DD to LG?

Also the Steelers don't like Max and Foster's about his same size with a little less athleticism. So I'm confused on this. We let our LT go when we don't have a proven replacement.

Another thought, do we ask Colon to play RT again and move Adams to LT? I'm not sure this is a good idea either. But I really wonder where the Steelers are going with their OLine strategy based on this move?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm gonna guess foster gets around 10 milion for the 3 year deal.

that's starter money.

Starter

User Info Menu

Put your best talent left to right.

Adams-DDC-Pouncey-Foster-Colon/Gilbert/Beachum/Rookie.

It's not the best, but we have got to keep Ben healthy if we are gonna make a run. This line up gives us the best shot.

You may not like it but it's the truth. You can't put any player from that RT group in any other position and come up with a better line up.
    Lookin for another Starks in round 3.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What happened to the zone scheme and smaller more athletic linemen?

Also, I'd love to see the numbers here.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, put a line through Colon- if the Steelers were only $3.4m under prior to signing Foster & the RFA's, there will be no room for Foster & Colon.

Chadman prefers Colon, but financially it probably makes more sense to go with Foster, a 'lesser' player, but probably better cap value.

Woodley will have to be restructured at this point, Chadman thinks. And Keisel might be at risk, depending on the dollar numbers..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Huge. Foster is solid.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Well, put a line through Colon- if the Steelers were only $3.4m under prior to signing Foster & the RFA's, there will be no room for Foster & Colon.

Chadman prefers Colon, but financially it probably makes more sense to go with Foster, a 'lesser' player, but probably better cap value.

Woodley will have to be restructured at this point, Chadman thinks. And Keisel might be at risk, depending on the dollar numbers..
    Colon has been on the IR for the last two seasons. He provides no value if he can't play. I always thought Colon would be a great guard but we can't pay a guy that type of money when he's likely to end up on the IR for a 3rd straight here.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

My question is, How do you win games with cap value and not the "greater" player?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount