Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Foster re-signed

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    My question is, How do you win games with cap value and not the "greater" player?

Pappy
    It'll depend how they use that 'cap value'. For example, if by cutting Colon & signing Foster the Steelers are then able to sign Steven Jackson, then it's cap value well spent. You can handle a slight downgrade at OG, if it means a significant upgrade at RB.

But if Colon is cut to make way for.... Joe average, then your point is very valid. As it stands, it's just a downgrade in ability.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    It'll depend how they use that 'cap value'. For example, if by cutting Colon & signing Foster the Steelers are then able to sign Steven Jackson, then it's cap value well spent. You can handle a slight downgrade at OG, if it means a significant upgrade at RB.

But if Colon is cut to make way for.... Joe average, then your point is very valid. As it stands, it's just a downgrade in ability.
    Well, when I'm cheering for Steven Jackson next year I will concede to the Wizard of Brisbane that cap value trumps talent; until then, it's a downgrade in talent and that typically doesn't win many football games.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

how does better talent help you when its always on the IR?

I'm not convinced colon is better anyways.

Administrator

User Info Menu

It's not a downgrade. Colon has rarely played in the past two years because of injury. If he's not on the freakin' field, it doesn't matter if he's an all pro (which of course, he's not). To contribute, you need to play.

What would you prefer? We pay a player that rarely contributes 5.5 mil because he MIGHT be an upgrade?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, when I'm cheering for Steven Jackson next year I will concede to the Wizard of Brisbane that cap value trumps talent; until then, it's a downgrade in talent and that typically doesn't win many football games.

Pappy

Don't concede anything to Chadman! Chadman prefers Colon to Foster.

Concede to Omar Khan if you must concede to anyone!!
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pappy
    How is cutting Colon a downgrade on talent? How many games has he suited up for the last 3 years.

Legend

User Info Menu

36 of 48 games missed the last three years. That is not value at any cap hit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

what school to he go to?

Legend

User Info Menu

Foster signing means we will be establishing a running game again.
    I can't wait to get back to running the ball down opponents throats...
    Now all we need is the RB......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really hope they use him to push the two Lazies (i.e. Gilbert and Adams. Personally, I'd pencil his name in at RT right now.)