Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Foster re-signed

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Don't concede anything to Chadman! Chadman prefers Colon to Foster.

Concede to Omar Khan if you must concede to anyone!!
    I share your preference. Resigning Foster is just showing we are in a real fix financially and have to shop in the bargain basement.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

It'll depend how they use that 'cap value'. For example, if by cutting Colon & signing Foster the Steelers are then able to sign Steven Jackson, then it's cap value well spent. You can handle a slight downgrade at OG, if it means a significant upgrade at RB.

But if Colon is cut to make way for.... Joe average, then your point is very valid. As it stands, it's just a downgrade in ability.
    OTOH, what good does all that ability do on IR?

I was more than willing to give Colon a chance...I thought his first two season-ending injuries were freak injuries and unrelated...

Now, I think once you have a third season-ending injury, health must be considered a problem, if it hasn't been considered so already...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    OTOH, what good does all that ability do on IR?
    I'm still trying to figure that out myself

Foster provides good value. Legursky is a very good value especially as a backup for both C/G.

I realize we have 2 2nd round tackles in Adams and Gilbert but I think Starks will prove to be a big loss. I actually have more fail in Adams than I do Gilbert right now because Gilbert took a big step back last year and he's been injured. I don't know how this team can feel confident going into the season with Gilbert as our LT.

On the other hand, Starks has proved the previous two years and he's still under appreciated by most fans and the team IMO. He's played a lot of games throughout his career, he's a good teammate who has been a relatively consistent LT for this team. He just turned 31 (in January).... not bad for a LT.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Per Ed Bouchette:

EdBouchette No matter if #steelers do it now or designate it for June, Willie Colon will be cut. When they did not ask him for a payout, it said it all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Colon suffered 3 seperate injuries- no recurring injury. It could be argued he was the victim of just bad luck. Besides, he played more games than he missed in 2012.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Administrator

User Info Menu

Colon suffered 3 seperate injuries- no recurring injury. It could be argued he was the victim of just bad luck. Besides, he played more games than he missed in 2012.
    We don't need anymore bad luck on this team. Cut everyone with bad luck immediately!

Maybe Colon's bad luck was reason that Gilbert, DeCastro and Adams were also injured? lol
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

His knee was a recurring injury in 2012...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I share your preference. Resigning Foster is just showing we are in a real fix financially and have to shop in the bargain basement.
    or its possible that the coaches who see him everyday in practice and meetings value him more highly than you.

you have been wrong about foster from day one and are just too petty to admit it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Colon reminds me of a car I once owned. It had several major issues, seemingly unrelated...No sooner would I get one issue fixed than another one would pop up. Every time, someone would say, "If you just fix this problem, you'll have yourself a good vehicle." After about 4 big $$$ repairs, I finally had to conclude the thing was a money pit, a lemon that would continue to keep sucking away my money and give me back not enough in the way of return. I decided it would be better to cut my losses and move on.

I suspect the Steelers have reached the same point with the Colon.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

fosters deal totals out a 6 million.

that's a great deal for the steelers and ramon obviously wanted to stay in pittsburgh. Good on him.