Thread: Bernard Pollard

Starter

User Info Menu

Bernard Pollard

I found this impossible to believe.

Baltimore Ravens strong safety Bernard Pollard announced on his Twitter account (@Crushboy31) that he is being released.

“Well Raven Nation it's been fun,” Pollard wrote. “My time in Baltimore is done... Thank you!”

The hard-hitting Pollard started 26 of 32 games since joining the Ravens in 2011. Pollard, 28, was set to collect a $500,000 roster bonus Friday and earn a $2.5 million base salary this season.

Two other Ravens defenders – linebackers Dannell Ellerbe (Miami) and Paul Kruger (Cleveland) – signed lucrative free-agent contracts elsewhere on Tuesday when the NFL signing period opened. The Ravens also traded wide receiver Anquan Boldin to San Francisco for a sixth-round draft pick and had center Matt Birk retire.

Free safety Ed Reed, left tackle Bryant McKinnie and cornerback Cary Williams are three more prominent Ravens free agents who remain unsigned.

— Alex Marvez from Fox Sports coverage of FA stuff.

I posted this to take some of the heat off of what TS have been doing lately.

Like I said. I found this hard to believe. But why would he say something like that if it wasn't so?

Legend

User Info Menu

they announced it on NFL network last night, as well...I assume he's really getting released.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/67062/ravens-changing-personality-of-locker-room[/url]

Starter

User Info Menu

I was considering Pollard to be one of their key players now. And at 2.5 mil they do not resign him? They must think they have some real depth there to make this move. Seems to me they are heading for big trouble. Of course that is a good thing but Geez don't make things too easy.

Starter

User Info Menu

Does anyone else think that these Raven moves might have a significant effect on TS[the steelers] draft strategy. I mean TS do draft ahead of them and now it seems they are getting into the same priority needs situation as TS are in.

Starter

User Info Menu

Ravens | Bernard Pollard cut
    Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:44:10 -0700

The Baltimore Ravens released SS Bernard Pollard.

from KFFL: ok now I believe it. Hope it is as big a mistake as I think it is. Losing both Ellerbe and Pollard does not make sense .'Reason I did not put this in the Ravens losses thread is those other losses were not significant to me. This one is. This was could influence TS draft strategy.

When was the last time a NFL champion went to the cellar in their division the next year. Now I can't wait.