Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Better TE for Steelers?

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler thor75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    1,032

    Better TE for Steelers?

    If we go after one of the two top tight ends in this draft, who do you like better Tyler Eifert from Notre Dame or Stanford's Zach Ertz?

    I would prefer Tyler Eifert who may have more consistent hands.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    If we go after one of the two top tight ends in this draft, who do you like better Tyler Eifert from Notre Dame or Stanford's Zach Ertz?

    I would prefer Tyler Eifert who may have more consistent hands.
    If we go for either, we are in deep trouble. We have so many bigger needs on this team. Knowing Heath Miller's work ethic, I think he will be ready to roll this year. And speed has NEVER been his game to begin with. I say, take a gamble that Miller will be back and maybe draft a TE in the later rounds. And they claim to like the rookie last year, Paulson. If they like him as much as they say, he should be able to contribute a lot more than last year, being that he won't be a rookie. There are so many TEs that are not high draft picks who get the job done. With us being near desperate at OT, OG, RB, OLB, ILB, WR, I just can't see using a high first rounder on a TE, or a 2nd or 3rd rounder for that matter.

  3. #3
    I watched a game with Ertz... he's Gronk-esque... uses his body well and appeared to be a VERY difficult matchup... with a solid QB, he'll be a pro bowler for many years to come.
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I watched a game with Ertz... he's Gronk-esque... uses his body well and appeared to be a VERY difficult matchup... with a solid QB, he'll be a pro bowler for many years to come.
    By being "Gronk-esque," does that mean he is "juice-esque" as well? Observing Gronk's career, he sure seems fragile. And often times, dudes on something are injury prone. I am not saying I know, but seeing Gronk's size and how often he is injured, it makes one wonder.

  5. #5
    Ertz cant block at all. Most scouts view him as a big WR. I am willing to bet Escobar goes before Ertz.














  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,369
    Eifert will be the stud in the NFL. I think he's the only 1st round TE.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Ertz cant block at all. Most scouts view him as a big WR. I am willing to bet Escobar goes before Ertz.
    ..........Gronk-esque.
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Tyler Eifert would be my pick and hope we draft him, he could be an additional target for Ben in the redzone something we need big time.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    If we go for either, we are in deep trouble. We have so many bigger needs on this team. Knowing Heath Miller's work ethic, I think he will be ready to roll this year. And speed has NEVER been his game to begin with. I say, take a gamble that Miller will be back and maybe draft a TE in the later rounds. And they claim to like the rookie last year, Paulson. If they like him as much as they say, he should be able to contribute a lot more than last year, being that he won't be a rookie. There are so many TEs that are not high draft picks who get the job done. With us being near desperate at OT, OG, RB, OLB, ILB, WR, I just can't see using a high first rounder on a TE, or a 2nd or 3rd rounder for that matter.
    Wow man. I agree with you twice in one day. Cant even consider an early TE. This team needs help everywhere. Heath will be back after the bye week IMHO. All we need is a stop gap in the mean time. You cant spend an early pick on someone to just fill in until Heath is back. Plus theres no guarantee either one of the mentioned guys will be day one starters.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089
    Stop gaps will get you the SOS we need playmakers in the redzone!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •