Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we now move Timmons to OLB and draft an ILB?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    Let Worilds play, draft an OLB in the middle rounds. Timmons showed nothing when played OLB so why move him?
    Maybe Timmons would improve as an OLB if he had an off season and training camp to prepare for the position?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Maybe Timmons would improve as an OLB if he had an off season and training camp to prepare for the position?
    Maybe he'll get even better at ILB too??
    So we move Timmons from a position he's excelling at to a position he's "iffy" at best at???
    Then we have a problem cuz no one is available to play ILB???
    Makes Sense to me!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No to moving Timmons. Put Worilds in Woodley's place --- Worilds played well on that side. Move Woodley to James Place. IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    No to moving Timmons. Put Worilds in Woodley's place --- Worilds played well on that side. Move Woodley to James Place. IMO.
    It won't matter where you move Woodley to if he can't stay healthy. This is a make or "bust" year for him. I do agree with the sentiment though because I think Worilds will surprise just like Harrison did and do very well.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Worilds is playing for a contract this year, just watch the show he puts on this year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Do you think it's possible Woodley went the way of Lights Out, AKA Shawn Merriman? Once Merriman went from major PEDs/juice/HGH to being clean his game went to total crap. Without the juice he couldn't even make an NFL roster. With it, he was an all pro, menacing pass rusher. If LW went from being on to off, it could explain his body going from beast-like to Pillsbury Dough Boy. If you have seen people who went from normal to juice to off juice, you would know what I am saying; they can go from ripped mass muscle to fat boy almost overnight.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would keep Timmons at inside, we will have to address OLB some other way. Timmons can help the defense more from the inside spot.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Maybe he'll get even better at ILB too??
    So we move Timmons from a position he's excelling at to a position he's "iffy" at best at???
    Then we have a problem cuz no one is available to play ILB???
    Makes Sense to me!!
    Seriously. Moving Timmons is simply moronic. Instead of having one weakened position (ROLB), let's weaken two in the process? That's just a dumb idea and Tomlin shouldn't even consider that as an option.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/39935-James-Harrison-s-replacement[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Yea Timmons not good at OLB.