Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison Gone

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I predict a Joey Porter type end to Harrison's career. Will show sometimes that will make us wish he was still around, but eventually becoming irrelevant. Unfortunately, the NFL is a young man's game, and that aint what Harrison is.

Yep, a few more flashes here and there but we all know the flame has started burning much too dim for what he was owed. Time to move on to the next generation.

High probability forst pick is a LB now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Foster isn't getting re-signed. He is the complete opposite of what Haley and the new offensive line coach like in an o-lineman.
    Highly unlikely they invest alot to keep Foster. They have seen enough to know they can do better without tying up significant dollars. However, if he takes their price they will keep him until they hopefully find better soon. They are still too few for a final roster at the OL position.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Highly unlikely they invest anything to keep Foster. They have seen enough to know they can do better without tying up significant dollars.
    typical response.

numerous reports say they want to keep him if they can afford him. Kind of shoots down your little theory of "we will see what the steelers think of him in the offseason"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

High probability forst pick is a LB now.
    Astronomically high. The only in house options at OLB (without moving Timmons) are Worilds and Carter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

After Greg Lloyd's career ended I thought "this is a once in a lifetime football player"
    James Harrison proved me wrong. He played the game the way it should be played.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Astronomically high. The only in house options at OLB (without moving Timmons) are Worilds and Carter.
    Undrafted OLB Adrian Robinson might come on? Maybe it will take more then one player to replace 92! Worilds or Carter against the run and can drop in coverage? Robinson to rush? Harrisons run stopping and tackling will be missed the most. I will have to agree bad drafting for OLB has hurt the Steelers now. Hope someone comes on and is serviceable.

Legend

User Info Menu

Reportedly, the Steelers are looking at several FAs as possibilities at OLB, players who've been underutilized by other teams... but they're only willing to pay $3-4 million/year (per Kaboly, Trib-Review).

So who do you think they might be looking at?
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 03-09-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    numerous reports say they want to keep him if they can afford him.
    I love when people spout "numerous reports" as if you can count on any of them as proof of anything. That is hilarious. They say a sucker is born every minute. Pgh will constantly lie, thinking it tricks the fans, etc. Well, some are clearly easily bamboozled.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Reportedly, the Steelers are looking at several FAs as possibilities at OLB, players who've been underutilized by other teams... but they're only willing to pay $3-4 million/year (per Kaboly, Trib-Review).

So who do you think they might be looking at?
    Well, I guess their are two lists: who we would love and who we can afford.

First on my wish list is Anthony Spencer, Dallas. He was draft in the same class as Timmons and at the time, I thought he might be the better player, and, it looks like, he is the better OLB. Spencer has been held off the field most of his career but he has started to break out.

Then there is Paul Kruger who will cost too much and will end up overpaid. He is good, but not great.

I like Conner Barwin out of Houston. He had a much bigger 2011 but his drop in sacks in 2012 could make him much more affordable. Shawn Phillips had a come back year in SD, with 9.5 sacks but I don't want another older dude.

Quentin Groves could be interesting. What about Calvin Pace? The Browns, and their $40 million of cap space, will surely gobble up one of these guys. Their new D is a 3-4 so you just know they will sign a vet OLB who knows the 3-4.

Legend

User Info Menu

Call me crazy, but I think Robinson's got a good chance to do well at Harrison's spot. He looked good before the start of last season as just a pass rusher. That's really what we need anyway. Sure he's raw and undeveloped, but he's the only guy I've seen flashes that he could potentially play on the right.

Worilds position is on the left with Woodley. And Carter just isn't that good.

I'm sure we'll go get a FA and probably make ROLB a priority in the draft for sure.