Thread: Steelers spend time W/Daimion Stafford Nabraska FS On Thursday

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers spend time W/Daimion Stafford Nabraska FS On Thursday

At his Pro-Day, they worked him out with drills and had a lenghtly conversation, considered to be a late round pick or an undrafted player.

[url]http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205097706[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I watched him play against Penn State. Here are my notes....

Plays smaller than listed 220. Appears stiff and slow in coverage and pursuit.

...as a side note, it is hard to evaluate back half safeties with normal TV coverage as often they are cut out of the picture for the beginning of the play.

I wonder if the Steelers are considering if he can put on 10-15 pounds of muscle and play ILB.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I watched him play against Penn State. Here are my notes....

Plays smaller than listed 220. Appears stiff and slow in coverage and pursuit.

...as a side note, it is hard to evaluate back half safeties with normal TV coverage as often they are cut out of the picture for the beginning of the play.

I wonder if the Steelers are considering if he can put on 10-15 pounds of muscle and play ILB.
    Which position coach worked him out? That will tell you what they are thinking.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Which position coach worked him out? That will tell you what they are thinking.
    I know the Steeler's linebacker coaches were at TCU's pro day yesterday (according to Walter Football) to check out Maponga. But, maybe the Steelers don't want to tip their hand.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I know the Steeler's linebacker coaches were at TCU's pro day yesterday (according to Walter Football) to check out Maponga. But, maybe the Steelers don't want to tip their hand.
    Mean Joe ran the practice & Olsavsky was there, but Olsavsky is the "Defensive Assistant" or something... Butler was working out Lemonier.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

At 6'4" 230 pounds, how would Cooper Taylor, safety from Richmond, look as a potential convert? He ran a 4.6 40yds so has some wheels and some size.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 03-08-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    At 6'4" 230 pounds, how would Cooper Taylor, safety from Richmond, look as a potential convert? He ran a 4.6 40yds so has some wheels and some size.
    Why convert him? Have you seen Kam Chancellor? Taylor and Chancellor were very similar players in college. I would love to see a SS the size of Taylor in our defense.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Why convert him? Have you seen Kam Chancellor? Taylor and Chancellor were very similar players in college. I would love to see a SS the size of Taylor in our defense.

Got him in my mock as a S and would keep him there as I agree with you. Just wondered if they didn't like him a S if he would be a potential convert project. I would be all for a huge S to beat up on the bigger WR and TE. I think Tomlin wouldn't allow a white S to be drafted though.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Got him in my mock as a S and would keep him there as I agree with you. Just wondered if they didn't like him a S if he would be a potential convert project. I would be all for a huge S to beat up on the bigger WR and TE. I think Tomlin wouldn't allow a white S to be drafted though.
    I agree about him being a good convert to ILB project, but I don't understand the racial thing you added.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I agree about him being a good convert to ILB project, but I don't understand the racial thing you added.
    I just think Tomlin is racist....my personal opinion nobody else has to share.
    @_Hellgrammite