Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The penalty machine won't get cut according...

Administrator

User Info Menu

It was probably Legursky who replaced Colon
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

they moved pouncey to LG and threw legursky in at center if memory serves.

then decastro got healthy and they then moved foster to LG.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

that reminds me... has anyone seen news on contract talks with Foster?
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Administrator

User Info Menu

That's right. Initially, I thought it was Legursky but they made the swtich because Legursky sucked it up at LG.

Legursky is not a good guard. IMO, he could probably start somewhere as a center but he's not a starting guard.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=B&GinNC;551900]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I wonder if Willie has a personalized, pimped out whirlpool tub down on the southside. Probably has jets in it and a TV mounted on it with a cooler attached.[

His bust will soon be gracing the Kendrell Bell Memorial Steelers' Training Facility Hall of Fame. I think they'll be putting it next to Chris Fu'umatu Ma'afala's. Duce Staley got an entire statue so they could depict him in a lifelike sweatsuit.
    I will always love KB for that game in Cleveland...regardless of what happened later (similar to my love of Porter for the playoff game in Indy).

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    ramon foster replaced david decastro, so to say the running game "died on the vine" when he replaced colon is patently false. He would have been playing in october and november at RG when we were so "exciting".

try again.
    Wrong player right idea... dude, not looking for a fight, but look at the stats. 167, 140, 158, 95, 134 rushing... Colon gets hurt... 49, 96, 69, 69, 95, 91. The games we played against Cincy, Washington, and the NYG were, yes, tremendously exciting. We imposed our will on 2 eventual playoff teams and the defending SB Champs. And the digits from the last 6 games absolutely sucked. The point of my statement was to say that Colon is a pretty good run blocking guard worthy of a shot this year if he can stay healthy. He's an instant upgrade over anybody on the roster besides DeCastro.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wouldn't be so quick to cut Willie, keep in mind last season was only his first playing the position and he could improve with a second year under his belt. The real issue is we are going to have an inexperienced LT, then if we cut Colon your going to have two new guys on the left side whith limited experience at best. Is everyone comfortable with that senario?
    With Starks and Foster most likely leaving who has experience on that line beside Pouncey? DeCastro, Beachum, Gilbert, and Adams are all inexperienced, I would think you need a vet beside Pouncey on that line.
    Yeah, we have Legursky but he's only decent playing center, so Willie might end up manning that spot once the season starts. With Beachum as a backup you at least have some kind of depth.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Colon will be cut at some point. They do not save a whole lot even with a post June 1st cut. So why cut him now? The Steelers will see if he can lean up a little bit and get healthy. We are very lean at guard right now.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Colon will be cut at some point. They do not save a whole lot even with a post June 1st cut. So why cut him now? The Steelers will see if he can lean up a little bit and get healthy. We are very lean at guard right now.
    If we cut Colon we will be even thinner @Guard, the only backup that is signed is Malecki. Whats even worse is what happens if Gibert or Adams goes down, who plays Tackle? Letting Starks and Foster leave is bad enough let alone Colon, hell that line would be so thin Ziggy might have to switch positions Lol.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    Wrong player right idea... dude, not looking for a fight, but look at the stats. 167, 140, 158, 95, 134 rushing... Colon gets hurt... 49, 96, 69, 69, 95, 91. The games we played against Cincy, Washington, and the NYG were, yes, tremendously exciting. We imposed our will on 2 eventual playoff teams and the defending SB Champs. And the digits from the last 6 games absolutely sucked. The point of my statement was to say that Colon is a pretty good run blocking guard worthy of a shot this year if he can stay healthy. He's an instant upgrade over anybody on the roster besides DeCastro.
    your premise is false. You incorrectly stated that he running game died when ramon foster was inserted, while in fact he was playing RG the whole time during then numbers you referenced.

I think colon sucks. You will never change my mind on that. He almost single handedly lost the philly game for us.