Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The penalty machine won't get cut according...

Legend

User Info Menu

I can only hope he hasn't been asked to take a cut because he'll be cut post June 1. Paying Colon $5.5 million is absolutely absurd.

Below is a link to the article:

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147612/article/willie-colon-in-pittsburgh-steelers-plans-agent-says[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I can only hope he hasn't been asked to take a cut because he'll be cut post June 1. Paying Colon $5.5 million is absolutely absurd.

Below is a link to the article:

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147612/article/willie-colon-in-pittsburgh-steelers-plans-agent-says[/url]
    All I can say is: This better not be true. They are cutting/asking for pay cuts/not resigning players like Starks, Harrison, etc. but will allow the injury/penalty machine to keep his 5.5 mill deal? It just can't be true. If it is, I might just find other things to do on Sunday. They can't be _THIS_ stupid.

Legend

User Info Menu

if we cut Willie, what will we do for comic relief?

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

While that WAS funny, it was also something to keep in mind- name another Steeler OLineman that plays that nasty? there isn't one. Believe it or not, but Chadman suspects that Colon's LEADERSHIP might be more important than his level of play (although, as far as he could tell, Colon was playing pretty good football at LG).

If you are going to dominate the LOS, you need guys willing to punch someone in the mouth.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Starter

User Info Menu

That was bitchin'.. and unfortunately one of the highlights of the season for me.. The Line got really pumped after that maneuver..

stay healthy BIG WILLIE..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Starter

User Info Menu

if we keep him he better lose some weight. I get tired of seeing his gut stick out so far he has t-rex arms.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    While that WAS funny, it was also something to keep in mind- name another Steeler OLineman that plays that nasty? there isn't one. Believe it or not, but Chadman suspects that Colon's LEADERSHIP might be more important than his level of play (although, as far as he could tell, Colon was playing pretty good football at LG).

If you are going to dominate the LOS, you need guys willing to punch someone in the mouth.
    Kemo's cheap right about now....
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They are going to keep him around until after the draft at least to see who they get. They have to.

Harrison could be cut because Worilds can step in. Colon can't be cut yet because Ramon Foster and Doug Legursky are also free agents. The next two up are Kelvin Beachum and John Malecki. Even if Colon is expensive, you simply cannot have those two guys as your 1 and 2 guys.

Another possibility is if Foster resigns, Colon could quickly be cut. But it would be foolish to cut him just for the sake of cutting him without a contingency plan in place.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like that Bengal had a pork chop stuck in his facemask.....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=B&GinNC;551900]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I wonder if Willie has a personalized, pimped out whirlpool tub down on the southside. Probably has jets in it and a TV mounted on it with a cooler attached.[

His bust will soon be gracing the Kendrell Bell Memorial Steelers' Training Facility Hall of Fame. I think they'll be putting it next to Chris Fu'umatu Ma'afala's. Duce Staley got an entire statue so they could depict him in a lifelike sweatsuit.
    Well, they better make room because it seems that Lamarr Woodley is commissioning someone to make him a bust on that wing of the training facility.

As for Colon, it's an amazing thing what steroids can do for a man... and not do anymore.