Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Vikings expected to battle Dolphins for Mike Wallace

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, Schein did not have anything good to say about Wallace or Mendy. Media's perceptions are all over the place, some good some bad. Wallace will definitely get his payday. I too remember him studying the playbook while not in attendance.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Yes, Schein did not have anything good to say about Wallace or Mendy. Media's perceptions are all over the place, some good some bad. Wallace will definitely get his payday. I too remember him studying the playbook while not in attendance.
    Many of the articles I've seen were drooling over MW as the best or second best FA on the market. Schein was unusual in his opinion from what I've seen. I also recall the stories out during the holdout that he had gotten a playbook and was studying even though he wasn't technically on the team at that point.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    A few inaccuracies here:

1. He wasn't a holdout, he was a free agent.

2. He did learn the offense, he had his playbook while not under contract. He knew the offense so well that his coaches were impressed with how much he did know when they gave him a crash course test the week he signed his tender and reported.
    He was a Restricted Free Agent, and once the period during which other teams could make him an offer ended last April he wasn't a free agent at all. His only choice was to sign his tender with the Steelers. And reading a playbook is nothing compared to showing up at camp on time and playing the playbook. The guy is right on, Wallace was all about the money last year and nothing about the team. Good riddance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the article doesn't take into account that the 49ers would have to surrender their 1st rounder to sign wallace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    He was a Restricted Free Agent, and once the period during which other teams could make him an offer ended last April he wasn't a free agent at all. His only choice was to sign his tender with the Steelers. And reading a playbook is nothing compared to showing up at camp on time and playing the playbook. The guy is right on, Wallace was all about the money last year and nothing about the team. Good riddance.
    I agree... timing is everything.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ter1230_4 View Post
    He was a Restriced Free Agent. He isn't under contract until he signs his tender. That is why they couldn't fine him for not showing in the offseason.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the article doesn't take into account that the 49ers would have to surrender their 1st rounder to sign wallace.
    I wonder why they didn't?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

several reasons I'm sure.

I don't know the inner working of their organization. Do you?

maybe harbaugh would rather develop a WR, or maybe they are like the steelers and don't value the position. Giving up a 1st and a huge deal didn't appeal to them. I'm sure you know that though.

Backup

User Info Menu

Didn't have to.

The signed free agents Manningham and Moss for the present, and drafted a WR for the future.

Wallace in the 49ers offense once Smith went down would have been a nightmare for them.

The Steelers don't value WRs. They also don't value their franchise QB or the need to score points.

Hence why Wallace is leaving.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    several reasons I'm sure.

I don't know the inner working of their organization. Do you?

maybe harbaugh would rather develop a WR, or maybe they are like the steelers and don't value the position. Giving up a 1st and a huge deal didn't appeal to them. I'm sure you know that though.
    No.. that's why I asked...