Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David DeCastro focused on his second season

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    If Double D plays the entire 13 season, he'll be fine and maybe even playing at a Pro Bowl level, he's going to be good and we should count our lucky stars he dropped to us last year
    exactly, very lucky to have gotten DD last year. So excited to see him next season.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Geno Smith has not abused anyone in the NFL yet because he was still playing QB at W Virginia last season.

you're referring to Geno Atkins...
    Ha ha, yep.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    If Double D plays the entire 13 season, he'll be fine and maybe even playing at a Pro Bowl level, he's going to be good and we should count our lucky stars he dropped to us last year

I'll thank them when it happens... time and time again I hear about how lucky we are that a star dropped to us but I have yet to see it come into fruition. I would love for it to happen with DD but saying it doesn't make it so. Just once... I would like to hear pro bowl and see pro bowl when it comes to a player falling to us.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

OK, two points: 1.) What is he supposed to say? "I'm not working on 2013 yet. I am just chilling out for a while; I will get working on 2013 in late summer?" This is meaningless. 2.) This author is worthless. She writes for the Steelers Digest, which is only suitable for lining your birdcage with. All she EVER offers is sunshine and baby butt bubbles; never covers reality. If you read her stuff, you'd swear we won the SB every year. How many subscribers can SD have these days? 100?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Assuming the injury bug doesn't bite the team like last year, that is the one area of the O that should be better than 2012.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Just once... I would like to hear pro bowl and see pro bowl when it comes to a player falling to us.
    You mean like Heath Miller did?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'll thank them when it happens... time and time again I hear about how lucky we are that a star dropped to us but I have yet to see it come into fruition. I would love for it to happen with DD but saying it doesn't make it so. Just once... I would like to hear pro bowl and see pro bowl when it comes to a player falling to us.
    Huh? Well have you forgot about how well Sweed......errrrrr.....I mean Mendenhall......errrrrrrrrrrrrr...I mean Worilds....errrrrrr...I mean Jeremy Staat.....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....I mean....Urbik......errrrrr, I mean Anthony Smith....errrrr, I mean Zo Jackson....errrrrr, I mean ....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Huh? Well have you forgot about how well Sweed......errrrrr.....I mean Mendenhall......errrrrrrrrrrrrr...I mean Worilds....errrrrrr...I mean Jeremy Staat.....errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....I mean....Urbik......errrrrr, I mean Anthony Smith....errrrr, I mean Zo Jackson....errrrrr, I mean ....

errrrr Lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I have a quick question. Who has Geno Smith not abused in the NFL? Geno Smith is the best 4-3 defensive tackle in the game.

Again, you expected a rookie coming off a severe knee injury and starting in his first few real games in the NFL to dominate the best 4-3 DT in the game?

Your looney.
    My bad for mentioning Geno Smith..it should have been Geno Atkins...

So its okay for you that Geno Atkins can abuse DeCastro in season 2,3,4,5,6..because Geno Atkins might be the best DL in NFL...got it...I got bigger expectation from 24th pick in the draft who plays only RG..

Did i say he had to play pro-bowl level day one??? NO...I am saying he has to play far better NEXT season to justify the hype surrounding him...and i am looney for expecting that???

Sorry DeCAstro has shown nothing in his first season...and potential does not land you in pro-bowl. I will annoint him once i see him play well..He has the potential but he needs to show up especially in 2013 season.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

Playing in the Pro Bowl often has very little to do with playing well...

I just want DeCastro to play well...