Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: David DeCastro focused on his second season

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm hopeful that a healthy DD will be the player the Steelers thought they were getting in the draft. His play last year left a lot to be desired, but he was in a tough position. After the injury, he saw his first regular season NFL experience after sitting on the sidelines for a few months. That has to be tough.

Backup

User Info Menu

DD is a bust, cut him and give the money the Silverback.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    My bad for mentioning Geno Smith..it should have been Geno Atkins...

So its okay for you that Geno Atkins can abuse DeCastro in season 2,3,4,5,6..because Geno Atkins might be the best DL in NFL...got it...I got bigger expectation from 24th pick in the draft who plays only RG..

Did i say he had to play pro-bowl level day one??? NO...I am saying he has to play far better NEXT season to justify the hype surrounding him...and i am looney for expecting that???

Sorry DeCAstro has shown nothing in his first season...and potential does not land you in pro-bowl. I will annoint him once i see him play well..He has the potential but he needs to show up especially in 2013 season.
    Sorry, your reasoning is inane. We haven't seen Decastro play yet in 2013. We don't know what he will do against Atkins in year 2,3,4,5.

Your view pretty much sums up most of the Steeler fan base. Unrealistic expectations placed on 20 year old men in their first year in the league. People don't realize the jump in competition you face from College to the Pros.

The truth is we don't know what we have in David Decastro because of injury. He gets a pass for last season from me. He had a teammate end his season before he had an opportunity to really improve.

The kid has a great work ethic and will improve greatly.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'll thank them when it happens... time and time again I hear about how lucky we are that a star dropped to us but I have yet to see it come into fruition. I would love for it to happen with DD but saying it doesn't make it so. Just once... I would like to hear pro bowl and see pro bowl when it comes to a player falling to us.
    The Steelers were the recipient of one fallen star that became a pro-bowler, so it CAN happen. maybe not that often though.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What was unfortunate for DD is he never had the opportunity to showcase his talent since he was injured in the preseason. Then when he did get the chance he only played what 3 games at the end of the season.
    We'll get a better idea of his talent when he plays an entire season, the projections are he will be pretty good and for that matter I think our O-line will be good as well.
    This is what fans were waiting for young talented players on that line, they could be the difference in a improved offense especially if they stay healthy. Adams had a rough beginning too, but once he got playing time his game improved especially in the run game something we will need beside a feature RB.
    I can't wait for the season to begin, Le'veon Bell running on that right side with DD and Adams crushing defenders on the way...oh yeah!

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers told Ramon Foster they will make him an offer

By Neal Coolong on Mar 9 2013

The Steelers have leaned on offensive guard Ramon Foster several times in his four-year tenure in Pittsburgh, and they're asking him to hold out a little while longer before they make him an offer. Other teams are pursuing the versatile guard, though.

Mark Kaboly of the Tribune-Review reported the Steelers told Joel Segal they would eventually make unrestricted free agent guard Ramon Foster an offer when the Steelers have a better grasp on their current finances.

Reports circulated about the possibility of moving second-year lineman Kelvin Beachum from tackle to guard this coming season, amid the possibility the Steelers would be without both players who started at the two guard positions in Week 1 of the 2012 season. Left guard Willie Colon wasn't released before the beginning of the contact period of free agency, but still could be a post-June 1 cut.

The selection of David DeCastro in the 2012 NFL Draft led to the logical assumption Foster would not be retained after his restricted free agency year in 2012. DeCastro was injured in the third preseason game, and missed nearly the entire season. Foster started all 16 games for the Steelers - 13 games at right guard, and three at left guard.

Arizona, Tennessee and the New York Giants are allegedly interested in Foster's services, and he may sign with any of them or any other team come Tuesday, the official start to the free agency period.

Teams may negotiate with representatives of players between Saturday and Tuesday, but no contracts can be signed.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/9/4082242/steelers-free-agency-2013-ramon-foster-depth-chart-offensive-line/in/3614167[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha