Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still think Wallace doesn't get Vjax money? D. Bowe gets 5 for 56 million

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Anyone still think Wallace doesn't get Vjax money? D. Bowe gets 5 for 56 million

Bowe signed an extension of 5 for 56 million. Anyone still think Wallace doesn't get Vjax money?
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

That's a crazy contract for Bowe. If Wallace is able to use that as the benchmark, he could easily get $10-12 million per season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ridiculous. They really need to lower ticket prices. You figure the money is there for these guys to get these crazy contracts so it either goes to the players or the owners, but they need to cut ticket prices so it stays with the fans.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 03-05-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Ridiculous. They really need to lower ticket prices. You figure the money is there for these guys to get these crazy contracts so it either goes to the players or the owners, but they need to cut ticket prices so it stays with the fans.
    That would be nice for once.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Dwayne Bowe signs 5-year, $56 million contract with Chiefs

By Randy Booth on Mar 5 2013

Bowe will earn a guaranteed $26 million.

Dwayne Bowe is now a top-five receiver in the NFL -- at least when it comes to his salary.

Bowe's new deal with the Kansas City Chiefs is for $56 million over five years, according to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora. A total of $26 million is guaranteed and he'll make, on average, $11 million per season.

His signing bonus is $15 million, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. He'll make $36 million over the first three seasons.

This makes the market interesting for the remaining wide receivers on the market, like Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, Percy Harvin and Wes Welker.

Bowe's new contract puts him into elite contract status. His $26 million guaranteed is in the top five in the league for wide receivers, right with Vincent Jackson -- who was also guaranteed $26 million when he signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Jackson signed a five-year, $55.55 million deal before the 2012 season.

Detroit's Calvin Johnson ($48.75 million guaranteed), Houston's Andre Johnson ($48 million) and Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald ($27 million) are the only receivers with more guaranteed money.

[URL]http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/5/4066700/dwayne-bowe-contract-terms-chiefs[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I don't think the ticket prices have too much of an impact. I thought that most of the money came from TV advertising.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't think the ticket prices have too much of an impact. I thought that most of the money came from TV advertising.
    The ticket prices have an inverse relationship. The ticket prices are just icing on the cake for the Owners. I believe the ticket sales stay with the team, but the television deals have to be split among the teams in a revenue split.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Doesn't matter. Bottom line is the money is there that they could drop the cost of tickets.
    @_Hellgrammite

Starter

User Info Menu

With concession prices and parking prices through the roof, its not the cost of the ticket that kills you, its the cost of the overall experience of going to a game now.

No sence whining about it. Most fans are disgruntled by how the league is being run, but as long as we continue to support the league, prices will continue to rise. The way the game is played will continue to be tampered with. There appears to be no limit to what us fans will put up with. Until the NFL sees a decline in revenue there is no reason for them to decrease ticket prices. The fans are in total control of the NFL. We just dont realize it.
    Last edited by 7 UP; 03-05-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

BTW, as for the original topic. Im not surprised Bowe cashed in, and I wont be surprised when Wallace cashes in either. I also wont be surprised if Wallace is out of the league in 3 years.