Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben said his arm strength led to INT's against Dallas and Cincy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben said his arm strength led to INT's against Dallas and Cincy

He wasn't fully recovered from his injuries according to the article.

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/big-ben-upbeat-despite-changes-in-steelers-lineup-678079/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And his hobbled ankle killed us the year before that. Maybe this year he can play all 16+ games healthy.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Injuries go with the territory with Ben. His style of play makes it so. People in Green Bay used to say that you took the bad Brett Favre (the one who set the all time NFL record for picks) with the good Brett Favre (mvp's, the first ring there in 30 years)... I think the same applies to Ben. Big guy who's hard to bring down, extends plays, takes hits. He will eventually get hurt and miss time. The fact that his O Line has been continual patchwork for the last 3 seasons hasn't particularly helped in that regard.

It is ironic, though, that he would sustain the most serious injury of his career in the year when they finally shortened up the passing game and tried to do something about all the hits he takes. He was sacked 13 times in 10 games prior to the injury in the KC game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    Injuries go with the territory with Ben. His style of play makes it so. People in Green Bay used to say that you took the bad Brett Favre (the one who set the all time NFL record for picks) with the good Brett Favre (mvp's, the first ring there in 30 years)... I think the same applies to Ben. Big guy who's hard to bring down, extends plays, takes hits. He will eventually get hurt and miss time. The fact that his O Line has been continual patchwork for the last 3 seasons hasn't particularly helped in that regard.

It is ironic, though, that he would sustain the most serious injury of his career in the year when they finally shortened up the passing game and tried to do something about all the hits he takes. He was sacked 13 times in 10 games prior to the injury in the KC game.
    His injuries occurred on plays where he was running around and didn't unload the ball. When he was sticking to the system, he was fine.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

It's always something...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It's always something...
    Seriously. Can we get him to take a vow of silence in the offseason. I cringe every time I see he's saying something to the media.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It's always something...
    Yep...this is called football. It is a violent contact sport. It happens.

I love how several months ago I kept saying this was going to happen. In the off-season we would learn that Ben's injury was more than was led to believe. Certain posters kept bashing Ben over and over and over. Some here (those with common sense), would say that maybe the poor play after he got hurt had something to do with the injury he suffered.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Stay thirsty. It's your own misguided self.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yep...this is called football. It is a violent contact sport. It happens.

I love how several months ago I kept saying this was going to happen. In the off-season we would learn that Ben's injury was more than was led to believe. Certain posters kept bashing Ben over and over and over. Some here (those with common sense), would say that maybe the poor play after he got hurt had something to do with the injury he suffered.
    Well, that's what Ben and the team seem to be saying now.

But at the time, all we were hearing is that Ben was fine. Did Ben really believe that? Or did he know his injury was still hampering him? Did the team realize he was still too injured to make those throws?

I have to wonder...if there had been a little more honesty, maybe they'd have decided that a healthy Charlie was a better option than a crippled Ben for those last three games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Well, that's what Ben and the team seem to be saying now.

But at the time, all we were hearing is that Ben was fine. Did Ben really believe that? Or did he know his injury was still hampering him? Did the team realize he was still too injured to make those throws?

I have to wonder...if there had been a little more honesty, maybe they'd have decided that a healthy Charlie was a better option than a crippled Ben for those last three games.
    Yes but you as a fan of this team for many years and one who knows enough about the game of football knew that wasn't true...right? It was pretty obvious by the lack of zip on his passes that there was something still bothering him.

Funny thing though, there are many here on this forum who hate Ben so much they would never have considered that he was still hurt. Even when it was blatantly obvious.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yes but you as a fan of this team for many years and one who knows enough about the game of football knew that wasn't true...right? It was pretty obvious by the lack of zip on his passes that there was something still bothering him.

Funny thing though, there are many here on this forum who hate Ben so much they would never have considered that he was still hurt. Even when it was blatantly obvious.
    So the Steelers thought that a Ben who couldn't get any "zip on his passes" was a better option than a healthy Charlie Batch? I don't get it...after Charlie played as well as he did vs. the Ravens...I mean, what do you have a backup QB for if not to come in for your starter when he can't make the throws?