Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben said his arm strength led to INT's against Dallas and Cincy

Backup

User Info Menu

Yeah trade him. That'll teach 'em.

You also notice he didn't mention those throws. BOUCHETTE did.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Right... If he knew this all along then why did he throw the pass. A true brain child at work.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Yeah trade him. That'll teach 'em.
    Who said anything about wanting to trade him?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t think Steelers are in transition

Posted by Josh Alper on March 6, 2013

The Steelers could be saying goodbye to wide receiver Mike Wallace, cornerback Keenan Lewis and others in the next few weeks, continuing the trend of the last few seasons that finds longtime members of the team giving way to new faces.

Despite that, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t think that the team is in decline or in transition. He thinks the front office will find quality players to plug into any open spots and he believes that the way last season ended will serve as inspiration for better results this time around.

“I don’t want to say it’s a transition phase because I feel like I’m still here and ready to rock and roll. I feel healthier, better. I feel like I’m in my prime and ready to play great football. And I feel that we’ve got guys around here who feel the same way,” Roethlisberger said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. ”I think the frustration from last year will be motivation for guys who are back again.”

Roethlisberger might not feel that way, but the Steelers have been in a transition phase in the last couple of years. Players and coaches who played key roles have moved on and the team is still replacing some of the leading lights from a very prosperous decade-plus of football. Transition doesn’t automatically mean decline, though, so it’s not like Roethlisberger should be resigning himself to a losing season or expecting anything other than the rebound he expects from his team in 2013.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/06/ben-roethlisberger-doesnt-think-steelers-are-in-transition/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t think Steelers are in transition

Posted by Josh Alper on March 6, 2013

The Steelers could be saying goodbye to wide receiver Mike Wallace, cornerback Keenan Lewis and others in the next few weeks, continuing the trend of the last few seasons that finds longtime members of the team giving way to new faces.

Despite that, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t think that the team is in decline or in transition. He thinks the front office will find quality players to plug into any open spots and he believes that the way last season ended will serve as inspiration for better results this time around.

“I don’t want to say it’s a transition phase because I feel like I’m still here and ready to rock and roll. I feel healthier, better. I feel like I’m in my prime and ready to play great football. And I feel that we’ve got guys around here who feel the same way,” Roethlisberger said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. ”I think the frustration from last year will be motivation for guys who are back again.”

Roethlisberger might not feel that way, but the Steelers have been in a transition phase in the last couple of years. Players and coaches who played key roles have moved on and the team is still replacing some of the leading lights from a very prosperous decade-plus of football. Transition doesn’t automatically mean decline, though, so it’s not like Roethlisberger should be resigning himself to a losing season or expecting anything other than the rebound he expects from his team in 2013.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/06/ben-roethlisberger-doesnt-think-steelers-are-in-transition/[/URL]

i thought they were suppose to use the denver choke job as motivation last year

Backup

User Info Menu

Then again, we are talking about the same QB that will consistently give up a sack on 3rd down and take us out of field goal range instead of throwing the ball away.
    That's not an accurate statement at all.

You also are confused, throwing the ball away from the pocket is grounding.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i thought they were suppose to use the denver choke job as motivation last year
    This teams seems like a lot of hot air recently. They must have learned it form the master of talking and catch phrases: Mike Tomlin

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    That's not an accurate statement at all.

You also are confused, throwing the ball away from the pocket is grounding.
    It's not accurate? That's odd because I've seen it with my own two eyes several times throughout Ben's career.... In fact, I think it happened in that must win Cincinnati game. Oh who cares right??? We only lost by 3 points.... OOOooopss. I guess that field goal was pretty important after all.

Thanks Ben!

Throwing the ball away isn't grounding if a player is close by.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The article itself is just a bit of nothing. Some offseason talk. Of course, the headline gets everyone's panties in a bunch.

So much about performing is going out and doing. You can rehearse all you want, but sometimes you don't know if it's there until your in that situation. He probably had the strength to make most of the throws he was doing day to day. However, when he gets to the end of the game and he's tired, but still adrenalized he probably didn't even realize he didn't have what it takes until it was too late.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Thanks Ben "captain of the obvious" Roethlisberger. Anybody watching the games could tell that. Add to that, he was wearing a specialized rib protector.

However, his injury is no excuse for his very poor play post injury. If he didn't have the arm strength then he needs to have the brains to know he shouldn't have thrown that pass when their was a high percentage of an INT. IMO, he actually played worse mentally than he played physically. Then again, we are talking about the same QB that will consistently give up a sack on 3rd down and take us out of field goal range instead of throwing the ball away. Brains and Roethlisberger don't necessarily go together.
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Exactly. Did his rib injury cause his brain to not work? Bonehead Ben always has an excuse, even though he will always downplay an injury and say it's not why he lost, but he is constantly making sure we all know that he is hurt - even if they are mystery injuries like his supposed broken toe that one year that Cowher said he never even heard of.