Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Should the Steelers take a chance on......

  1. #1

    Should the Steelers take a chance on......

    JaMarcus Russell? Could be a good cheap back up. 3yrs younger then Ben. Will have some opportunity to play. Could push Ben a little. Could be the guy after Ben till a draft pick is ready.

    He is trying to get in football shape and is working with some good guys. He might make a come back? I might have hit my head also.

  2. #2
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,631
    I surely hope not.

  3. #3
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,416
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I surely hope not.
    Jamarcus Russell might make a good replacement for Casey Hampton at NT though...


  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    JaMarcus Russell? Could be a good cheap back up. 3yrs younger then Ben. Will have some opportunity to play. Could push Ben a little. Could be the guy after Ben till a draft pick is ready.

    He is trying to get in football shape and is working with some good guys. He might make a come back? I might have hit my head also.
    Where would he push Ben, to the buffet line?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Where would he push Ben, to the buffet line?
    Maybe? I think IF he can stay healthy, in football shape, and stay away from the purple drank. He can still be a good NFL QB. We will see.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,366
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Maybe? I think IF he can stay healthy, in football shape, and stay away from the purple drank. He can still be a good NFL QB. We will see.
    You've got to be kidding.. This guy is terrible.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Maybe? I think IF he can stay healthy, in football shape, and stay away from the purple drank. He can still be a good NFL QB. We will see.
    Holy $h!t NO! Bring Hoyer back.
    @_Hellgrammite

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,575


    Starting to get the feeling that people don't want Russell here...
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #9
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post


    Starting to get the feeling that people don't want Russell here...
    Can he play center?

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  10. #10
    Coming from the same guys that say the FO don't take any chances? Why not Russell? Has a big arm and was 1st rd QB? He screwed up. He was addicted to the purple drank and got FAT out of football shape. All things that can be fixed. Is working with a ex nfl QB and speed coach. Now was he really a 1st rd QB? I don't know. He is showing motivation. Could be a very good BACK UP! Better then lefty I figure. We are not talking a starting QB for crying out loud! But I get the point guys. Back to my hole.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •