Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a true replacement for Wallace

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I hadn't seen anything posted yet (besides your mock which I see now)...had this already been discussed?

The dude had a terrible QB but adjusted really well to passes that weren't on target, and showed some great body control to make the tough catches. I think he's impressive as a WR, even ignoring his speed.
    He's also 6' 1", not one of these 5'6" to 5'9" pure speed guys
    6'1" ? 4.19 40? He's got long arms too. How would you overthrow him?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    6'1" ? 4.19 40? He's got long arms too. How would you overthrow him?

he didn't, he underthrew him on all of them...even 25 yard throws

Legend

User Info Menu

did you watch the video? I'm more impressed by the skills this guy shows than the videos I saw of Wallace coming out of school...and I like Wallace.

Chill D, it's good. He looks like he's worth taking a flier on. But low competition has to be taken into account. Chadman just gets a chuckle out of the 'how easy it will be to replace Wallace' crew.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Chill D, it's good. He looks like he's worth taking a flier on. But low competition has to be taken into account. Chadman just gets a chuckle out of the 'how easy it will be to replace Wallace' crew.
    I don't think it will be easy to replace Wallace. But not as hard as Megatron, AJ Green, ETC. Wallace wanted to succeed. Wallace had a good mentor in Ward. But what did he do becides run fast his 1st season in the NFL? That can be replaced if the rookie can catch also. I like Wallace but would not over pay for a GOOD WR. If he gets hurt what will he be then? NO ONE KNOWS. We have replaced GOOD WR's before. And my #1 argument about Wallace. He could not step it up in the superbowl like Holmes did before him.

Starter

User Info Menu

His other stats are maybe even more startling.

And D Rock says he can catch too. Wow!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Terrell Sinkfield

dude ran a 4.19 40 today at the Minnesota pro day (he played at Northern Iowa).

He's got great speed and adjusts to the ball much better than Wallace does. He looks like a true receiver with speed, not just a really fast guy.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRdpwdoUxI[/URL]
    Read on ProFootballTalk that Minnesota Vikings say he really ran in the high 4.3s. Still, that is fast. But, it is no 4.19. Prodays are notorious for these sorts of stories.

Thanks for posting the video. He looks interesting.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace won't be as hard to replace as fans want to believe.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Replace a 4000 career yard, 32 TD WR with a guy likely to go undrafted...

Al Davis still lives!!

If only it were that easy.
    I agree with you, Chadman. For all of his flaws, Wallace produced some significant numbers, and they are going to be hard to replace.

Legend

User Info Menu

64 catches, 864 yards and 8 TDs are not that hard to make up. Whether it is one or multiple players we can replace that contribution. The sky won't fall
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    64 catches, 864 yards and 8 TDs are not that hard to make up. Whether it is one or multiple players we can replace that contribution. The sky won't fall
    I never said it would. But I think that many of the anti-Wallace crowd underestimate his production and his impact. And those are his numbers from a down year. Despite the down year, Wallace is still #4 among active WRs in YPC despite catching more balls than many guys on that list.

If Wallace is so easy to replace with just any fast guy, why aren't there track guys all over the league putting up the numbers he did over the last few years?

He's a flawed player, but not nearly as bad as his detractors make him out to be.