Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a true replacement for Wallace

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here's a true replacement for Wallace

Terrell Sinkfield

dude ran a 4.19 40 today at the Minnesota pro day (he played at Northern Iowa).

He's got great speed and adjusts to the ball much better than Wallace does. He looks like a true receiver with speed, not just a really fast guy.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRdpwdoUxI[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Replace a 4000 career yard, 32 TD WR with a guy likely to go undrafted...

Al Davis still lives!!

If only it were that easy.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Al Davis still lives!!

did you watch the video? I'm more impressed by the skills this guy shows than the videos I saw of Wallace coming out of school...and I like Wallace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    did you watch the video? I'm more impressed by the skills this guy shows than the videos I saw of Wallace coming out of school...and I like Wallace.
    I've given up watching WRs in college. I thought Limas Sweed had one of the best skillsets of nearly any WR coming out of college and I was ecstatic we drafted him.

I really think WR is a dime a dozen position and comes down to how hard a guy is willing to work at it.

On the flip side you've got Hines Ward who had no business succeeding in the NFL based on his physical skills who was one of the Steeler all time greats.

Don't get me wrong, if you have Randy Moss, AJ Green, etc., then I'm ok drafting a guy like that, but once you're past the upper tier, it's a complete crapshoot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post

Chill D, it's good. He looks like he's worth taking a flier on. But low competition has to be taken into account. Chadman just gets a chuckle out of the 'how easy it will be to replace Wallace' crew.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chill D, it's good. He looks like he's worth taking a flier on. But low competition has to be taken into account. Chadman just gets a chuckle out of the 'how easy it will be to replace Wallace' crew.
    I don't think it will be easy to replace Wallace. But not as hard as Megatron, AJ Green, ETC. Wallace wanted to succeed. Wallace had a good mentor in Ward. But what did he do becides run fast his 1st season in the NFL? That can be replaced if the rookie can catch also. I like Wallace but would not over pay for a GOOD WR. If he gets hurt what will he be then? NO ONE KNOWS. We have replaced GOOD WR's before. And my #1 argument about Wallace. He could not step it up in the superbowl like Holmes did before him.

Starter

User Info Menu

His other stats are maybe even more startling.

And D Rock says he can catch too. Wow!

Legend

User Info Menu

Al Davis still lives!!

I agree with you, Chadman. For all of his flaws, Wallace produced some significant numbers, and they are going to be hard to replace.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Al Davis still lives!!

Wallace himself was a little known player when we draft him. He went in the 3rd round - not like he was a top 10 pick or something.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Wallace himself was a little known player when we draft him. He went in the 3rd round - not like he was a top 10 pick or something.
    Actually, Wallace was quite successful at college playing in the SEC for Mississippi, averaging 18.9 ypc for his college career, catching 15 TD's in 3 seasons.

He's 7th overall in the SEC since 1956 for YPC career average. He had the highest YPC of the SEC in 2008. He was top 10 in the SEC in both his Jnr & Snr year for yards & catches.

It's not like he was Johnny Obscure.

And those stats show that he was equally effective WITHOUT Ben extending plays.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT