Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Here's a true replacement for Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Wallace himself was a little known player when we draft him. He went in the 3rd round - not like he was a top 10 pick or something.
    Actually, Wallace was quite successful at college playing in the SEC for Mississippi, averaging 18.9 ypc for his college career, catching 15 TD's in 3 seasons.

He's 7th overall in the SEC since 1956 for YPC career average. He had the highest YPC of the SEC in 2008. He was top 10 in the SEC in both his Jnr & Snr year for yards & catches.

It's not like he was Johnny Obscure.

And those stats show that he was equally effective WITHOUT Ben extending plays.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

ask jevon snead how effective mike wallace was.

with wallace in 08 he was considered a top QB prospect.

without him in 09, he went undrafted.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wasn't real impressed. He lacks balance. While fast, doesn't really separate against second tier talent. Appears to make tough catches and adjust well but doesn't play as fast as he is on paper. Not sure how his skill set translates to the NFL.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I wasn't real impressed. He lacks balance. While fast, doesn't really separate against second tier talent. Appears to make tough catches and adjust well but doesn't play as fast as he is on paper. Not sure how his skill set translates to the NFL.
    Well, at least it would be worthwhile to get him into TS developmental program. It would be a good idea to get a first look at him.

Anyone ever notice how little results have come from players on TS practice squads in general.

No one has posted his other pro day results.

-[URL="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/3/4/4064562/nfl-draft-2013-pro-day-highlights-marqueis-gray-terrell-sinkfield#"]Terrell Sinkfield[/URL] turned the most heads in Minnesota. The former Northern Iowa WR ran [URL="http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/03/04/13/WR-Sinkfield-runs-blazing-419-40-yard-da/landing_gophers.html?blockID=873523&feedID=3697"]blistering times of 4.27 and 4.19,[/URL]which would have shattered Chris Johnson's Combine record. Measuring in at 6'1, Sinkfield also flashed in the other drills, with a 40.5 inch vertical and 11'5 broad jump. He wasn't highly recruited and had to settle for playing in a small school, but NFL teams will certainly be intrigued by his straight-line speed. He's firmly on the 7th round/UDFA radar.

Reason #614 for selling pick #17. Get first chance at looking at these obscure players.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Isnt it Louis Lipps sinks fields? No...that's not it.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think I saw myself playing DB against him, or some slightly slower version of me. Still, like the speed and size. Let's see what else he's got.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    wrong about what you idiot?

wallace put up numbers. He is about get a huge payday.
    You are wrong about the over all quality of him as a WR. His attitude is sh-t. He is soft, like your big gut.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Actually, Wallace was quite successful at college playing in the SEC for Mississippi, averaging 18.9 ypc for his college career, catching 15 TD's in 3 seasons.

He's 7th overall in the SEC since 1956 for YPC career average. He had the highest YPC of the SEC in 2008. He was top 10 in the SEC in both his Jnr & Snr year for yards & catches.

It's not like he was Johnny Obscure.

And those stats show that he was equally effective WITHOUT Ben extending plays.
    He was a 3rd-round pick. Being a top 10 WR in the SEC isn't earth shattering since it's not a pass happy div. He has proven to be a one trick pony; if he isn't wide open on a go, he is below average in everything else he does.

Legend

User Info Menu

He was a 3rd-round pick. Being a top 10 WR in the SEC isn't earth shattering since it's not a pass happy div. He has proven to be a one trick pony; if he isn't wide open on a go, he is below average in everything else he does.
    It would seem statistics disagree with your opinion.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

does your back ever get tired from moving the goalposts?

chadman refuted your moronic stance with facts, so you changed the criteria.

laughable, you are.