Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67

Thread: Here's a true replacement for Wallace

  1. #41
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,576
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Wallace himself was a little known player when we draft him. He went in the 3rd round - not like he was a top 10 pick or something.
    Actually, Wallace was quite successful at college playing in the SEC for Mississippi, averaging 18.9 ypc for his college career, catching 15 TD's in 3 seasons.

    He's 7th overall in the SEC since 1956 for YPC career average. He had the highest YPC of the SEC in 2008. He was top 10 in the SEC in both his Jnr & Snr year for yards & catches.

    It's not like he was Johnny Obscure.

    And those stats show that he was equally effective WITHOUT Ben extending plays.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  2. #42
    ask jevon snead how effective mike wallace was.

    with wallace in 08 he was considered a top QB prospect.

    without him in 09, he went undrafted.

  3. #43
    I wasn't real impressed. He lacks balance. While fast, doesn't really separate against second tier talent. Appears to make tough catches and adjust well but doesn't play as fast as he is on paper. Not sure how his skill set translates to the NFL.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I wasn't real impressed. He lacks balance. While fast, doesn't really separate against second tier talent. Appears to make tough catches and adjust well but doesn't play as fast as he is on paper. Not sure how his skill set translates to the NFL.
    Well, at least it would be worthwhile to get him into TS developmental program. It would be a good idea to get a first look at him.

    Anyone ever notice how little results have come from players on TS practice squads in general.

    No one has posted his other pro day results.

    -Terrell Sinkfield turned the most heads in Minnesota. The former Northern Iowa WR ran blistering times of 4.27 and 4.19,which would have shattered Chris Johnson's Combine record. Measuring in at 6'1, Sinkfield also flashed in the other drills, with a 40.5 inch vertical and 11'5 broad jump. He wasn't highly recruited and had to settle for playing in a small school, but NFL teams will certainly be intrigued by his straight-line speed. He's firmly on the 7th round/UDFA radar.

    Reason #614 for selling pick #17. Get first chance at looking at these obscure players.

  5. #45
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,587
    Isnt it Louis Lipps sinks fields? No...that's not it.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  6. #46
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,259
    I think I saw myself playing DB against him, or some slightly slower version of me. Still, like the speed and size. Let's see what else he's got.



    Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.



  7. #47
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    wrong about what you idiot?

    wallace put up numbers. He is about get a huge payday.
    You are wrong about the over all quality of him as a WR. His attitude is sh-t. He is soft, like your big gut.

  8. #48
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Actually, Wallace was quite successful at college playing in the SEC for Mississippi, averaging 18.9 ypc for his college career, catching 15 TD's in 3 seasons.

    He's 7th overall in the SEC since 1956 for YPC career average. He had the highest YPC of the SEC in 2008. He was top 10 in the SEC in both his Jnr & Snr year for yards & catches.

    It's not like he was Johnny Obscure.

    And those stats show that he was equally effective WITHOUT Ben extending plays.
    He was a 3rd-round pick. Being a top 10 WR in the SEC isn't earth shattering since it's not a pass happy div. He has proven to be a one trick pony; if he isn't wide open on a go, he is below average in everything else he does.

  9. #49
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,576
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    He was a 3rd-round pick. Being a top 10 WR in the SEC isn't earth shattering since it's not a pass happy div. He has proven to be a one trick pony; if he isn't wide open on a go, he is below average in everything else he does.
    It would seem statistics disagree with your opinion.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    He was a 3rd-round pick. Being a top 10 WR in the SEC isn't earth shattering since it's not a pass happy div. He has proven to be a one trick pony; if he isn't wide open on a go, he is below average in everything else he does.
    does your back ever get tired from moving the goalposts?

    chadman refuted your moronic stance with facts, so you changed the criteria.

    laughable, you are.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •