Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a true replacement for Wallace

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here's a true replacement for Wallace

Terrell Sinkfield

dude ran a 4.19 40 today at the Minnesota pro day (he played at Northern Iowa).

He's got great speed and adjusts to the ball much better than Wallace does. He looks like a true receiver with speed, not just a really fast guy.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRdpwdoUxI[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Replace a 4000 career yard, 32 TD WR with a guy likely to go undrafted...

Al Davis still lives!!

If only it were that easy.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Replace a 4000 career yard, 32 TD WR with a guy likely to go undrafted...

Al Davis still lives!!

If only it were that easy.
    did you watch the video? I'm more impressed by the skills this guy shows than the videos I saw of Wallace coming out of school...and I like Wallace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    did you watch the video? I'm more impressed by the skills this guy shows than the videos I saw of Wallace coming out of school...and I like Wallace.
    I've given up watching WRs in college. I thought Limas Sweed had one of the best skillsets of nearly any WR coming out of college and I was ecstatic we drafted him.

I really think WR is a dime a dozen position and comes down to how hard a guy is willing to work at it.

On the flip side you've got Hines Ward who had no business succeeding in the NFL based on his physical skills who was one of the Steeler all time greats.

Don't get me wrong, if you have Randy Moss, AJ Green, etc., then I'm ok drafting a guy like that, but once you're past the upper tier, it's a complete crapshoot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You are 24 hours behind the desktop scouts on this board.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    You are 24 hours behind the desktop scouts on this board.

I hadn't seen anything posted yet (besides your mock which I see now)...had this already been discussed?

The dude had a terrible QB but adjusted really well to passes that weren't on target, and showed some great body control to make the tough catches. I think he's impressive as a WR, even ignoring his speed.

He's also 6' 1", not one of these 5'6" to 5'9" pure speed guys

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think you are the first to post anything on topic. I added him to my mock yesterday after the Min Proday results were announced. Was having fun with you.

There is little tape on him available to us but you are right about the QB. He wasn't able to use his athleticism on the field with under throws. He looked to be throttling down and still had to come back and fight for balls. He is on the radar now but if you watch him he isn't just a speed guy...he shows some really good WR skills. It is just a matter of who wants to give up the higher late round pick to draft an undraftable kid before a Leon Sandcastle workout.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I think you are the first to post anything on topic. I added him to my mock yesterday after the Min Proday results were announced. Was having fun with you.

There is little tape on him available to us but you are right about the QB. He wasn't able to use his athleticism on the field with under throws. He looked to be throttling down and still had to come back and fight for balls. He is on the radar now but if you watch him he isn't just a speed guy...he shows some really good WR skills. It is just a matter of who wants to give up the higher late round pick to draft an undraftable kid before a Leon Sandcastle workout.

hahaha I forgot about Leon Sandcastle...I guess this guy definitely qualifies as this year's Leon.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I never heard of this kid before, but nice find D rock, he appears to be a good player.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I never heard of this kid before, but nice find D rock, he appears to be a good player.
    I hadn't either, but now everyone on nfl.com has. That is freaky fast!