Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Here's a true replacement for Wallace

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You are wrong about the over all quality of him as a WR. His attitude is sh-t. He is soft, like your big gut.
    lol. You are a child.

numbers don't lie, kid.

Starter

User Info Menu

Why no comments on his other results? He verted 40.5 he broadjumped 11.5. Is that not hard to believe stuff?

Very few combine WR's were even remotely close to those #'s. Justin Hunter was one.

Incidentally, I saw a mock somewhere today that had TS taking Hunter. Hmm! Now it makes sense.

Starter

User Info Menu

btw: I thought that N. Iowa might have been Aaron Smiths school. But no! He was N. Colorado. I don't think TS have ever drafted a player from Northern Iowa. It is a Div1FCS school however,[formerly called Div1AA] the same as the Citadel C. Allens school.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    It would seem statistics disagree with your opinion.
    Exactly, Chadman. For a "one trick pony" he had statistics that were met by few other WRs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Exactly, Chadman. For a "one trick pony" he had statistics that were met by few other WRs.

Top 15 WR in the NFL type numbers, to be sure....
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Let's hope so. If they do, it will probably because the OL finds a way to overcome that injury bug they had last year. Of course, they still need to find a RB and a TE as well, so I wouldn't bet too much.

Wallace is a weapon. He can be a very effective one. The Steelers will just have to find a way with different weapons.
    seems like the steelers finished around 20th in the league all the years wallace was with us. i'll still say they finish around there or better. wallace lovers proclaim how bad this offense will be without him and how he cant be replaced. using that logic, i would think they would all predict the steelers to finish 25th at best in 2014.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    seems like the steelers finished around 20th in the league all the years wallace was with us. i'll still say they finish around there or better. wallace lovers proclaim how bad this offense will be without him and how he cant be replaced. using that logic, i would think they would all predict the steelers to finish 25th at best in 2014.
    they may be there or better. It'll be hard to know one way or the other. It seems that they will have a lot of changes on O. On the plus side, they should have the best OL in years if they can stay healthy. Ben is healthy now too. On the other hand, as of now they don't have a starting caliber TE to start the season or a RB. Losing their best producing WR doesn't look to help matters.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think there is any other receiver in this draft who can replace Mike Wallace. MW production was off the chart..

Is there a true #1 WR in this draft?? I like Tavon Austin a lot but not in 1st Rd though...
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    That is not what anybody is saying but you. Wallace obviously can and will be replaced, but it's absolutely foolish to even suggest that an UDFA will step in and replace his production.

Moreover, the Steelers will need to divert resources to the WR position that could have been used to address one of the many areas of need on the team.

But keep making asinine statements and strawman arguments.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That is not what anybody is saying but you. Wallace obviously can and will be replaced, but it's absolutely foolish to even suggest that an UDFA will step in and replace his production.

Moreover, the Steelers will need to divert resources to the WR position that could have been used to address one of the many areas of need on the team.

But keep making asinine statements and strawman arguments.
    Was going to say something similar, but got to thinking... you know, maybe 25th best Offense might not be far from the mark.

The Steelers will be fielding a fairly unremarakable WR group at this stage, with more question marks than answers. What we do know is that Cotchery won't stretch the field. We also know that Sanders have never proven he can be a starter. And despite what many want to believe, Brown really needs to prove his worth on that contract- the stats don't look good. With that in mind, with no genuine strike power at WR, the opposition Defenses will crowd the LOS, making it more difficult to run the ball. Now the Steelers had trouble running it last season, and by returning the uninspiring Dwyer/Redman combo, things don't look to be dramarically improving there. So our below average run game now has to contend with 8 men in the box. That's not the recipe for success.

the icing, of course, is that Heath Miller is unlikely to be fit for Round 1, and will most likely take several weeks to get back to full fitness.

25th might be generous.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE