Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a true replacement for Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I don't want to overpay Wallace, either. But I think that many of the "anti-Wallace" posters think the team will automatically be better off without him, which isn't the case.

He will probably be overpaid by somebody, but the offense will be worse without him. Perhaps that can be helped through the draft, but that then precludes the team from addressing another area.

i bet the offense finishes better in 2013 season without wallace than they did last year with............

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Replace a 4000 career yard, 32 TD WR with a guy likely to go undrafted...

Al Davis still lives!!

If only it were that easy.
    Wallace himself was a little known player when we draft him. He went in the 3rd round - not like he was a top 10 pick or something.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    His strength is the go route and unless he gets with a QB who has the perfect pass I think we are going to see Wallace turn into a Nate Washington. A decent WR on a scrub team.
    Good analogy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i bet the offense finishes better in 2013 season without wallace than they did last year with............
    Let's hope so. If they do, it will probably because the OL finds a way to overcome that injury bug they had last year. Of course, they still need to find a RB and a TE as well, so I wouldn't bet too much.

Wallace is a weapon. He can be a very effective one. The Steelers will just have to find a way with different weapons.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    the reason brown doesnt have the tds is because he is forcing the dbs to play up near the line to take away the short crossing stufff enabling wallace to run deep with single coverage
    completely false and moronic statement from the anti wallace crowd.

it has been said many times that wallaces speed forces safety help over the top.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    completely false and moronic statement from the anti wallace crowd.

it has been said many times that wallaces speed forces safety help over the top.
    You have zero credibility. You are a Wallace apologist and are backed into the corner by defending him and you don't have the strength to admit you were wrong all along on this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

wrong about what you idiot?

wallace put up numbers. He is about get a huge payday.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You have zero credibility. You are a Wallace apologist and are backed into the corner by defending him and you don't have the strength to admit you were wrong all along on this.
    So YOU are the arbiter of who has credibility? Nice to know...

Legend

User Info Menu

If ALL Wallace did was catch deep passes, some of these arguments might have some merit.

But he doesn't just catch deep passes. He catches short, he catches medium. He just is very, very good at catching deep passes.

Everyone can have their own very valid reasons for liking or disliking Wallace, but there are facts, and there is fiction. He has more yards, more TD's, more splash plays than any other WR the Steelers have had in the last 4 years.

He won't be 'easy' to replace, the offense isn't automatically upgraded by moving Sanders into the starting line-up. To think so is to let your dislike of Wallace to cloud your judgement.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    So YOU are the arbiter of who has credibility? Nice to know...
    its hilarious watching this guy make a fool of himself over and over and over.....