Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Steelers and Harrisons' agent talking

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler supersteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,089

    Steelers and Harrisons' agent talking

    Steelers discuss contract renegotiation with Harrison
    March 5, 2013 4:35 pm
    inShare. By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    The Steelers have have been discussing the contract situation of James Harrison with his agent, Bill Parise, to try to reduce the linebacker's salary cap hit for 2013.

    Harrison, who will be 35 in two months, is scheduled to make salaries of $6.57 million this season and $7.575 million in 2014 in the final two years of his contract.

    Parise did not say if those discussions include a request by the Steelers for a reduction in salary or a restructured contract that could spread out the salary cap hit this year with an extension that neither side would expect to be fulfilled.

    "We're talking," Parise said. "Both sides want to try to do something. We're trying to common ground."


    Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2Mi236qZy

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,107
    This is good to hear. The team doesn't seem to have anyone behind Deebo and IMO, the D played better as he got healthier last year. Lord willing, he won't be having knee surgery right before the season starts this year so he will be a force to reckon with.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    This is good to hear. The team doesn't seem to have anyone behind Deebo and IMO, the D played better as he got healthier last year. Lord willing, he won't be having knee surgery right before the season starts this year so he will be a force to reckon with.
    Agreed. Let's make this happen!!!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,490
    Crunch time! Your ball Silverback!



  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,768
    the talks should be one-sided.
    'deebo, either play for a lot less or pack your bags'

  6. #6
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,299
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    the talks should be one-sided.
    'deebo, either play for a lot less or pack your bags'
    I'm glad you aren't the negotiator for the Steelers. Why would you come to the negotiating table with that attitude towards one of the most respected Steelers by the fans, teammates and front office? And, to a player whio has never taken a play off if he's on the field? That would just cause the negotiations to be contentious and unproductive. James and Parise know that a cut is proably going to have to happen, they need to determine how much they are willing to cut and then begin the negotiations.

    Coming to the table with the sledgehammer isn't getting anything accomplished.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  7. #7
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm glad you aren't the negotiator for the Steelers. Why would you come to the negotiating table with that attitude towards one of the most respected Steelers by the fans, teammates and front office? And, to a player whio has never taken a play off if he's on the field? That would just cause the negotiations to be contentious and unproductive. James and Parise know that a cut is proably going to have to happen, they need to determine how much they are willing to cut and then begin the negotiations.

    Coming to the table with the sledgehammer isn't getting anything accomplished.

    Pappy
    wouldnt you think that logic goes both ways?
    wasnt it harrison, thru his agent, that said he would not play for less but would only consider a restructure just a week or so ago?
    where's the respect for an organization that paid you millions and gave you multiple chances to make it in the nfl?
    maybe hes never taken a play off while in a game but he sure took off mini camp, otas, preseason and part of regular to rehab of his knee that he should have had taken care of after the denver loss. harrison would have a whole lot more leverage if he played the entire season instead of vacationing during the beginning

    that said, im all for bringing him back at a reasonable amount

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,576
    Some people won't be satisfied until all the starters are removed & replaced with the much higher skilled, but under-used back-ups.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #9
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Some people won't be satisfied until all the starters are removed & replaced with the much higher skilled, but under-used back-ups.
    In most NFL cities they say that the backup QB is the most popular guy in town. With the Steelers it's ALL the backups, LOL.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Some people won't be satisfied until all the starters are removed & replaced with the much higher skilled, but under-used back-ups.
    Shame on us!


    That would mean we have to acknowledge the Fo knows what it is doing.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •