Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers and Harrisons' agent talking

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    James Harrison has a sick work ethic. Anyone who questions his work ethic is a fool.
    James Harrison pities the fool who questions his work ethic.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The Steelers might need to just cut him. I hate that the FO is continuously pushing these large contracts further and further out. At least if they cut some of these players now, things will look MUCH MUCH better in 2014 and beyond.
    Yes, we can be like THE BROWNS, a boatload of cheap scrubs and no cap issues whatsoever!!!!:

[url]http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2013/1/8/3853586/cleveland-browns-set-to-have-about-48-9-million-in-cap-space[/url]

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Sounds reasonable, had he played ONE MORE GAME he hits all those incentives LAST YEAR.
    How can people think he is done?

The Harrison we saw at seasons end, would lead all NFL 3/4 OLBers in tackles and gets double digit sacks EASY.

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    CUT NOW: 2013 HIT $4.9 MIL (DEAD MONEY) CAP SAVINGS $5.1 MIL 2014 CAP HIT $0

CONVERT 5.5 OF BASE & ADD YEAR: 2013 HIT $6.4 MIL CAP SAVINGS $3.6 MIL 2014 CAP HIT CUT $5.1 MIL (DEAD MONEY) 2014 CAP SAVINGS $3.9 MIL 2015 CAP HIT $0

Ugly either way. I guess it is a matter of when you need the money and when you want to clear the books.

Here is what I would offer him:
    PAY CUT 4 MIL OF BASE: 2013 HIT $6 MIL CAP SAVINGS $4 MIL

Incentive for 2013: (Lead team in sacks ADD $2 mil) (Finish in Top 4 in TOT ADD $1 mil) (Start 14 games ADD $1 mil) (Injury Clause IR before week 9 ADD 1 mil)

If he hits all incentives: 2014 CAP HIT CUT $5.4 MIL (DEAD MONEY) 2014 CAP SAVINGS $3.6 MIL 2015 CAP HIT $0
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-07-2013 at 04:56 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Sounds reasonable, had he played ONE MORE GAME he hits all those incentives LAST YEAR.
    How can people think he is done?

The Harrison we saw at seasons end, would lead all NFL 3/4 OLBers in tackles and gets double digit sacks EASY.
    I think there is a rule with incentives that they have to exceed previous years in a re-structure. Made it achievable with a little insurance (Injury Clause) for Harrison to put pen to paper. There isn't a number associated with the sacks which is his biggest incentive. If Woodley responds with a 10+ season, Harrison would have to exceed that. Harrison finished 5th on the team getting beat out by Lewis. If Harrison plays 16 games, by avg he gets 86 tackles which is 4th on the team but he only gets 7 sacks. All the incentives gives him an opportunity to earn his money back. If he has a season ending injury before week 9, he has insurance incentive.

The Harrison at the end of the season is the reason why they want him to take a cut. Throw out the last game against the Browns, meaningless. The concern of any overage football player is how there body responds at the end of the season. What happened at the end of the season for the Steelers and Harrison couldn't have been drawn up and better for evaluation of where Harrison is at in his career. Playoff atmosphere-game situation after Ravens #2. Must win. In the three Ls Harrison goes 10 TT 1 Sack & 1 FF if you want to talk stats. I have discussed numerous times what his only sack was, a sack for 0 yards against the Bengals on a bad shotgun snap. Tale of the tape? Harrison didn't stick out. He looked old, slow, and average. I dare anyone who has those games available to them go back and watch. Zero in on Harrison and tell me that is the Harrison you know. Age & injuries has the arrow pointing down on Harrison...It won't get better. He will miss camp and come out like a ball of fire & everyone will say "I told you so!" Then he will begin to disappear....Just like he did when it matter most in 2012.

I am as big a fan of Harrison as anyone in here. But...The "rust" has taken over and it is time. That doesn't mean any disrespect to Harrison. We all greatly appreciate what he did for the Steelers organization. Bottom Line...It is about the Steelers organization...Not James Harrison. I watched my favorite players come to the end of their career and the Steelers moved on without them. As did I.