Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodley have not restructure yet?

Hybrid View

Woodley have not restructure yet?

That means some big cuts are coming or they are sending a message to Fat boy.

They don't have to cut anyone yet. They are under the cap. The real question will be what happens after players are tendered their RFA. I would say Harrison is going to get cut at this point and that Dwyer will not get tendered.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Woodley getting restructured at this point would almost give the Steelers enough room to sign all the RFA's & ERFA's.

The bigger question is are the Steelers willing to try & sign Keenan Lewis at this point?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Woodley getting restructured at this point would almost give the Steelers enough room to sign all the RFA's & ERFA's.

The bigger question is are the Steelers willing to try & sign Keenan Lewis at this point?
    my gut tells me that they will let lewis test FA and ask that they are given a chance to make a comparable offer for him to stay(with a little hometown discount). if the steelers feel that lewis' asking price is doable, they cut harrison to free up the money needed to ink him.

That's my point , they would have already done that I think for any signings whether their own or other FA's.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    They don't have to cut anyone yet. They are under the cap. The real question will be what happens after players are tendered their RFA. I would say Harrison is going to get cut at this point and that Dwyer will not get tendered.

Actually after signing Gay they are back over the cap.
    2015 Draft

1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Eric Striker-OLB-Oklahoma
    3) Jeff Heuerman-TE-Ohio St
    4) Taylor Kelly-QB-Arizona St.
    5) Jonathan Mincy-CB-Auburn
    6) Julian Wilson-CB-Oklahoma
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    Actually after signing Gay they are back over the cap.
    You are correct. I hadn't realized what the first year cap hit for Gay looked like. However, it does confirm for me they don't believe Lewis will be back.

They still have to tender RFA's and have 4 million under the cap to sign draft picks. They still need about 7 to 8 million more dollars to do this.

Lewis is a goner.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    You are correct. I hadn't realized what the first year cap hit for Gay looked like. However, it does confirm for me they don't believe Lewis will be back.

They still have to tender RFA's and have 4 million under the cap to sign draft picks. They still need about 7 to 8 million more dollars to do this.

Lewis is a goner.
    They might not even tender all the RFA's. But if they do, all RFA's & ERFA's, it'll cost the Steelers (on the lowest tender for each player) just over $7m. That is close to what the Steelers would save in restructuring Woodley. If they restructure Harrison too, they might have room to even sign a couple of low priced FA's.

Chances of signing Lewis appear very slim at best.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

They might not even tender all the RFA's. But if they do, all RFA's & ERFA's, it'll cost the Steelers (on the lowest tender for each player) just over $7m. That is close to what the Steelers would save in restructuring Woodley. If they restructure Harrison too, they might have room to even sign a couple of low priced FA's.

I think Harrison is gone and they will eventually restructure Woodley to squeeze in a low level free agent.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Some on this board say the Steelers can easily re-sign Lewis, but I have to agree with you, it doesn't look likely at all.